Technological Singularity

id say there could be a substantial agrument for that. god as our imagination, or a result of our imagination, or if god exists then as responsible for our imagination...

imagination is the initial force behind any creation, the ability to know things that are not there, to see things other than they are.

Nice. First part I agree with fully. Imagination is the most powerful tool of creation there is. Everything you are looking at right now was once an idea, a picture in somebodies mind.

The second part though. "To see things other than they are". Maybe to see things as they really are? :D

Computers will never be as powerful as the human mind. The power of the mind is limitless. The only way a computer will ever be able to even begin to match us is if it is biological in type. Even then, there has to be conciousness. At that point, man will then be capable of giving life. I don't think computers will ever be as powerful as a person.

hmm.. how did we end up at god again? :D

i think you are right though father - god fills the void..

oooh - how prophetic!

but - back to technological singularity - i would imagine that if 'strong ai' becomes a reality, that it will not be strictly by design.. but i have no doubt that we will see computers passing the turing test at least in the next 10 years...

besides - who is to say that the net - and your pc - are not already sentient? perhaps it is ignoring you? :stoned:

besides - who is to say that the net - and your pc - are not already sentient? perhaps it is ignoring you? wink1.gif

yup. the nets just sat there confused thinking "what the fuck are all these people doing to themselves in front of me night after night? not talking to anyone who spits on me!"

yup. the nets just sat there confused thinking "what the fuck are all these people doing to themselves in front of me night after night? not talking to anyone who spits on me!"

:rockon: