Another Reason To Buy A Wii

Boojum

Just seen an advert on telly, I wanted a Wii before (insert puerile urination joke here), I REALLY want one now. One of the best games ever made is now out for it. Resident Evil 4 Wii edition. All the RE4 loveliness with the added joy of using the controller as a gun. If you own a Wii you simply HAVE to buy it (assuming it's a decent conversion, I don't see why it won't be since the gamecube version was EASILY superior to the greystation version). PS3 ? My arse.

post-3870-1183140923_thumb.jpg

yeah my cousin keeps banging on about Res' 4 - he had the gamecube version. Deffo gettin it , I watched an online review for it on the wii, absolutely mental!! :unsure:

It's a truly superb game on the GC. probably my favourite game of the last, I dunno, 5 years or so. I hated the old RE games (with the exception of Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, still wasn't a great game but the plot & cinematics made it worth playing) but changing it to a 1st person/3rd person hybrid (camera angle over the shoulder) was a stroke of genius. The idea of it coupled with the Wii controller makes me salivate. I wanna go out and buy a Wii just to play it, but I can't afford it at the moment :smoke:

I dearly hope the conversion is done well, could be an absolutely awesome game (shit, the GC version is an absolutely awesome game, I just can't think of a better superlative :unsure:).

Edited by Boojum

Honestly dunno. But probably one of the main reasons why the original greystation & PS2 dominated the console scene & nintendo died a death was because PS piracy was easy while the N64 & GC were impossible to pirate because they didn't use media that you buy blank & could copy onto. Sony may whine about videogame piracy but it was what sold their consoles.

are WII's easy to mod so you can play downloaded games?

apparently a friend of my friends brother managed to pirate Manhunt 2 for the wii, although i have no idea if its true or not

jus got the kids a wii wicked fun done a bit of searching on modding the wii

they can be modded with a easy solder chip called a wiikey the sell for around twenty pound with postage an come with a triwing screwdriver to open your wii an a set up dvd on how to install the chip

game for wii do not have to be burnt to dual layer discs like the 360 the wii games jus burn the iso to the 4.7gb dvd an away u go from wot i read

i see that a chip will be arriveing here soon an when i do get round to sorting it i will post results here an how easy or diff the install is

wreckhead8

Guest Blabblabberbab

Wii RE4! :yahoo:lol

My only worry is that it won't be any good - innovative though the wii is, there dosn't seem to be that many games that are much cop.

BUT the thought of hiding behind the sofa bursting zombie heads is all too good!

B

Saw the advert for it last night but the missus still won't run out and buy me one lol .

Just add mushies for some serious gaming/mentalmadness :headpain: .