Norton anti virus clash service pack 1

Sal

Im a bit of a computer novice so wondered if anyone could help. I installed nav and security last year and im due for renewel soon but i have a problem when getting certain updates ie

common client cor update

nav programe upd

norton sec programe upd

I keep getting the message cant find designated path and it refers to the service pack is this cos my current norton package is a copy

hope this makes sense and thanks for your help :oldtoker:

Has your norton subscription expired?

Do you update regularly? Does your firewall allow Norton access to the net?

What version of windows are you using? i'm presumming XP as there have been 3 service packs for 2000.

Searching on Google groups is quite useful as the problem had normally been discussed before.

Wilbur

Edited by Wilbur Nutsack

My subscription runs out in 30 days i update reg yes my firewall gives acsess thanks wilbur will try google my dilema is i dont want to pay for another years sub and find i have the same problems :oldtoker: any more thought and yep im running xp and thease probs have just recently started

cheers joolz, i to have the same problem , and i am worse or just as bad as saldo, at these computers, will check them out, smart icon by the way is it red chasing blue or blue chasing red, sj

hey guys I checked out the first site , now you guys obviously know what you are doing with these things , but i am sure that there is just as many who dont , me included, in last. I can get in and out of uk 420 and the internet, but continually get lost or stuck or diconected or frozen screen!!!!!aaaargh ,for no reason known to me and get extremely frustrated , or disconected half way thro replying to any thing aaaargh so when i say my knowledge of comps is limited, believe me its limited,, Just a thaught, re anti virus for computer and 420 server appeal, now i dont really know how any service is free , there has to be a catch somewhere, Would it be possible to set some sort of donation to 420server appeal, for any one who sighs up,,,, to this FREE service, just a thaught,, ps do you just follow download instructions, DUH!!!!!

Hi all,

I currently have Nortons Security and NAV, uses up alot of processor also!! Too much to be honest!

But I am always para about these freebies that go about.

I mean, ZoneAlarm....Does it block every port? I've heard rumors that it doesnt matter if you got a firewall or not. Ok, it will stop all the little would be hackers out there, but authorities can still gain access if they have reason to. I've also heard the the internet is just one big training ground for the US military to try out their little software progs on.

If you are online...the safest thing you can do is just not have anything incriminating on your computer.

Sorry, this is just stuff I have heard on the grapevine, I could be wrong, but it does all piss me off!! Who really knows what these Multinational Corps and Governments are upto!!! Guess we'll never know for sure. ;)

By the way.........

I'm having trouble with the forums on the UK420 server. It has been sooo slow to open up pages over the last few days. Is any body else experiencing this?

It also keeps telling me "Do I want to run and install Macromedia Flash Player 6" Could this be what is slowing me up? I dont want to install. I dont see the point if I already have an older one. Why do they want us to install this newer one? What are they upto? Am I just going para? :sorry:

Sorry guys, I don't want to make you ALL para about this, but its worth giving some thought to.

Happy Gardening

MadagascarX

Saldo, did the problems just start after adding service pack 1?

MDGX

No matter how fancy your security is, Microsoft and the NSA will always be able to get into your computer. They both have 'keys'. There is a third key been found but i dunno who it is for. It is the same with Lotus applications as well.

Seems a bit cheeky that the US govenment is so against strong encryption outside the US, yet they have access to all windows machines.

Wilbur

Edited by Wilbur Nutsack