Stretchy Ink?

twigs

hello all.. ;) ..i was just wondering if anyone knows what ink is used on neoprne/wetsuits ..was thinking of doing some design on me wetty...;)

cheers

lol

I'd guess at normal rubberised ink, but its a pain the ass to use unless you have the proper equipment to dry it and clean up.

i surf,........... use waterd down acrylics! te y work on clothes aswell, washer proof. just make sure they dry proper

I'd guess at normal rubberised ink, but its a pain the ass to use unless you have the proper equipment to dry it and clean up.
..why's that p_b ..is it cos its sticky and cloggs and stuff
i surf,........... use waterd down acrylics! te y work on clothes aswell, washer proof. just make sure they dry proper
..cheers mate..:blub:

thanks for your help.. ;)

Rubberised ink needs to be heat cured (An iron does work, but takes ages and its easy to mess up/ using a hair dryer works just about and takes even longer than an iron) And yeap it sticks to everything and is a bastard to clean off. It does give a lovely raised surface and if you do it well its worth the mess if you don't have to clean up. Printing with oils is just as much fun :yinyang:.

Acrylic paint has no movement when dry and will just crack although it is loads easier to handle its not stretchy there is a vehicle you can get to add to acrylic to make it better for use of clothing but its still not all that super.

Edited by parka_-boy

where do you surf? cornwall north coast?

a few places..wales, devon, south coast mainly, and when im feeling exotic and flush france, canaries and mexico

Rubberised ink needs to be heat cured (An iron does work, but takes ages and its easy to mess up/ using a hair dryer works just about and takes even longer than an iron) And yeap it sticks to everything and is a bastard to clean off. It does give a lovely raised surface and if you do it well its worth the mess if you don't have to clean up. Printing with oils is just as much fun :wink:.

Acrylic paint has no movement when dry and will just crack although it is loads easier to handle its not stretchy there is a vehicle you can get to add to acrylic to make it better for use of clothing but its still not all that super.

cheers for that p_b dont think im going to be taking a hot iron to me suit.. :)..i can see that ending in disaster

think im might get in contact with a companys that makes em to see if they could help..couold be a little moeny maker if you could sell designs that people could put on they're suits quite easily..customise your own suit..be a bit more original and all that..who knows...thanks for your help

:yinyang:

im from the south coast, should hook up some time..... some how....... surf n blaze blaze n surf.