• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete3867

• Blayz'd

• Hir

• delta-green

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am being constructive it was you I believe that start throwing personal insults. Say yeah mate fantastic is hardly what I'd term constructive, but as they say what ever pb out.

hehe, what's wrong bro, you out of green?

Do you do any art parka?

Yo Pete, give me a tip man, any kind of art tip that I might not know. I've never had courses or lessons, it's all self taught, I obviously missed out on some decent techniques, what lesson drastically improved the quality of your work or an aspect of it?

hehe, what's wrong bro, you out of green?

Do you do any art parka?

Yo Pete, give me a tip man, any kind of art tip that I might not know. I've never had courses or lessons, it's all self taught, I obviously missed out on some decent techniques, what lesson drastically improved the quality of your work or an aspect of it?

tips are the three p,s PATIENCE PERSISTENCE AND PRACTICE , and don,t be swayed off your own path

Nice :wink:

I think I'm gonna start painting something in space this weekend, Maybe another planet with mad stuff going on. All crazy colours in the sky and some mad looking machines flying about the place. I wanna paint a time machine in action too for some reason. If I was decent at detailed work I would try to paint some type of inventors lab from 100 years ago, like Edisons lab in my mind, but incorporate new things that weren't around then. I can see that one clearly, skill isn't great enough to replicate it though.

Nice :wink:

I think I'm gonna start painting something in space this weekend, Maybe another planet with mad stuff going on. All crazy colours in the sky and some mad looking machines flying about the place. I wanna paint a time machine in action too for some reason. If I was decent at detailed work I would try to paint some type of inventors lab from 100 years ago, like Edisons lab in my mind, but incorporate new things that weren't around then. I can see that one clearly, skill isn't great enough to replicate it though.

You got all the sources you need to construct an image. Type plate into google 1000s diffrent images, diffrent angles, different lighting. If CGI showed one thing it is that having the shadows in right place do 70% (my guestimate) of the trick in terms of making a picture look right.

Nice :)

try to simplify the idea ,into something that encapsulates it , I sometimes find it helpfull to do it in p/shop first as below

post-22773-1178996859_thumb.jpg

Edited by pete3867

I REALLY like this painting... the old fellow looks well wise, cool, yet also had loads of pain... good painting mate! It's deffo in the 'professional' category!

You got skill n talent ::

post-21080-1179000873_thumb.jpg

sometimes , if a grissail means layers then yes I did layers

your paintings keep getting better and better, that one of stonehenge is shit hot.

what i meant by grissaile is the technique where you paint an a underpainting in shades of black, white and grey, leave it to dry and then glaze layers of colour over using pure white for the highlights. most of the rennaissance artists and dutch masters used this technique although some had their own way of doing things, da vinchi painted in shades of black, white and light green for the mid tones and i've heard of others who used light browns, yellows and pinks for the mids. i think the grissaile technique is also known as the accademic technique, although i may be wrong on that. just replied to your pm by the way.

Thanks for that Pete, Simplify, encapsulate. Nice. I'll have a think on it, see what I come up with. So I guess you have a smoke and paint also? How do you find stoned painting man? Do you produce better work or ideas cained, hehe?

Nice info that delta, thanks man, I'll check that technique out mate. :angry:

Thanks for that Pete, Simplify, encapsulate. Nice. I'll have a think on it, see what I come up with. So I guess you have a smoke and paint also? How do you find stoned painting man? Do you produce better work or ideas cained, hehe?

Nice info that delta, thanks man, I'll check that technique out mate. :rofl:

I get the best ideas when stoned , and I paint better when stoned , but to finish one i like to be fairly straight , i,am at uni now ,first time in education for 20 years and generally I,ve had to get me straight head out of the closet ,, to keep up with the written work

your paintings keep getting better and better, that one of stonehenge is shit hot.

what i meant by grissaile is the technique where you paint an a underpainting in shades of black, white and grey, leave it to dry and then glaze layers of colour over using pure white for the highlights. most of the rennaissance artists and dutch masters used this technique although some had their own way of doing things, da vinchi painted in shades of black, white and light green for the mid tones and i've heard of others who used light browns, yellows and pinks for the mids. i think the grissaile technique is also known as the accademic technique, although i may be wrong on that. just replied to your pm by the way.

that sort of info is very VERY valuable to me , I mean lets face it ,technique wise those guys were the best , and I love trying to emulate their techniques.. I,am studying Max Parish at the mo , he also used a glaze technique