Finished This Week

delta-green

heres the two paintings that i finished this week, i started them ages ago though.

1, midnight, acrylic on canvas, i dont use canvas very often, too expensive

2, sections A1-C10, oil on emulsion/sand mix. its not dry yet, when it is i may add a few light glazes to enrich the colours.

note, i have tried to reduce the image size, hope it works.

post-20868-1177152058_thumb.jpg

post-20868-1177152491_thumb.jpg

Cool, like em. Specially the first one. I know canvass is really expensive, have you tried something like sackcloth ? (it was what Van Gogh & Gaugin occasionally used during the yellow house period).

Edited by Boojum

Really do like your style Delta! :yep: Catches the eye magnificently.....

Out of curiousity, may I ask you if you have painted yet on Formica?.... Reason being that an artist friend of mine was singing its praises, which I found hard to believe :spliff: But off topic...

Definiteley would have them hanging in my house :ouch:

Ms Powerband :rofl:

Cool, like em. Specially the first one. I know canvass is really expensive, have you tried something like sackcloth ? (it was what Van Gogh & Gaugin occasionally used during the yellow house period).

yes, one of the things i like to paint on is used hessian sacking, once its cleaned, trimmed and primed it provides a really rough, chunky surface to paint on. van gogh and gaugin, two masters and both brilliant. i have to admit favouring gauguin though, his ideas about painting from your head and not from life guide what i try to do.

Really do like your style Delta! :yep: Catches the eye magnificently.....

Out of curiousity, may I ask you if you have painted yet on Formica?.... Reason being that an artist friend of mine was singing its praises, which I found hard to believe :yinyang: But off topic...

Definiteley would have them hanging in my house :woot:

Ms Powerband :(

never tried painting on formica, i prefer a heavilly textured surface to work on. i would think of giving it a go for an experiment though, and i love to experiment with new materials.

Nice work dg I would love the first one as a mural! ever done any?

not my style really, im very lazy and it takes me ages to complete even the smallest of paintings.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice , the first one is the best ,in my opinion ,the second one reminds me of early Mondrian, have you tried painting on mdf, and canvas isn't expensive if you do yer own ,, and for work of that quality it would be worth it

thanks for that pete, nice to hear your thoughts on my stuff. i tend to paint on whatever i can get my hands on, broken up bits of cupboard, wooden y.m.c.a signs that i nicked, the bottom of drawers, hardboard etc and i mostly cover the board with some type of covering such as cheap canvas or hessian. i actually prefer to do this as it i feel it adds something to the work, makes it more crude.

edited to add that if you want to look at some of my other stuff, i have posted them under the thread 'gallery idea'

Edited by delta-green

Beautiful mate. We should have more threads like this. The colours remind me of the old Sgt Pepper animations. What you plan to do with your work? i used to paint but got fed up of them just piling up in my loft. Mine wernt quite as saleable as yours though!

Keep up the good work man.

Peace