Moldy bud :(

2 Burn

Arg...

Anyone else tried storing fresh bud(dried but not cured...still quite moist) in a baggie for 4 days and noticed it molding!!!???

I bought some fresh Jack Herer the other day and the damn stuff has started molding. I looked at the white stuff (mold) through a microscope lens to check it wasn't THC....it's all hairy  :nervous:  .

damn annoying, good job it was only a 1/16th, but I've learned my lesson...if it ain't properly dry...don't keep it in a baggie! :)

2 Burn.

there are two solutions - if there's not much - just take it out of the bag and leave it out. It should die and disappear in a few hours.

If it's riddled with mould then I set the oven to 140c. Wrap the bud in a paper towel - put it in a tin and weigh it down with something (like a nutcracker - i.e. heavy-ish and won't melt). The idea is not to let any air get in through the edges of the paper towel - or else the bud will crisp.

Turn the oven OFF and open the door for 20 seconds - then place the tin in the oven for 20 minutes or so - remove from the paper towel and leave to dry.

(This works for speed-drying too)

Ok cool,

Originally I hadn't even contemplated smoking moldy bud. So is the oven technique a sure-fire way of killing ALL the mold??

I don't particularly want to damage my lungs/get ill from some bud   :)

The bud had a coating of white...I looked at it and thought..."hey..I didn't think it was that white with THC!"...after closer inspection i found it was a uniform coating of hairy mold :D . It even seems affected slightly inside the bud itself, so should I risk it with the oven technique??

Cheers,

2 Burn.