Serotonin Syndrome

KidFix

;)

Chip - you have hit it on the head M8! That's exactly what the girlfriend and me have done. We live at the corner of a field in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields, Bulls [!], Farm cats, our cats and a whole host of wild life. We have changed our diet to as near Organic as possible [organic weed is the biz - you wont know it till you try it], and the girlfriend has packed in work and is about to start as a mature student of Fine Art [bA Hons course - she is a gifted natural artist].

Splan - the trick is to earn enough, and be content. Ah, Contentment, now then there is a topic I could go on about.....

;)

Splan: Me and the Girlfriend have a plan that we hatched a kilo or so ago..... once she's finished her degree and is earning a crust through her Art, we are going to buy some land and build a house out of hemp with a studio for her, a GR for me Etc. It will not only be built out of hemp, but we aim to have the heating fired by hemp diesel; Solar panels for the electric, of course.

Mr Benn's spot sounds nice over then in France, but I like Yorkshire!!

This is what I love about UK420 man, theres always people whose experiences they are willing to share!  Mr Benn you're on, and I'm gonna hold ya to that!  Don't mind slaving in the fields for a peaceful life!!

Arnold - your idea sounds beautiful man and I wish you every success and happines!  I earn NEARLY enough to be content, but unfortunately a lot of the people I work with rub me up the wrong way.  I am fighting adversity and ignorance every day of my working life, and it drains you after a while!  Theres nothing worse than slaving yer ass off every day to make someone else rich and not even get appreciated!  I just want out from the system for a bit!!

Basically it sounds like these chemicals are real bad news - stick with weed in moderation and a positive attitude  ;)  :peace:

Guest THE PUFFER

This is probably the biggest reason I moved to Cornwall...to get a little peace and quiet. I gave up a job that paid me £460 a week...now I'm lucky to get £200. I left my family behind and a few friends too. I gave up all I had and knew because I needed that peace so much. Life 'up-country' was going to kill me through stress. Even though I left so much behind, I believe I made the right choice. I plan to have children soon after I (finally) get married later this year and there was no way on earth I was going to bring them up with aggression, negativity and a risk of being brutally savaged by brutal savages. I've had to start my life all over again for the sake of the future for me, myself and I.

I made the right choice. Its not as warm as France maybe (but warmer than Yorkshire) but I don't have to learn a new language,other than 'inbred farmer-talk'.

The panic attacks I mentioned have almost been nullified.

PEACE

Puffer, I am so jealous, in a nice way. I will probably be one of your neighbours in a few years. I'm getting married next year as well. I've found the woman, now i just need to find the place. We intend to move to Cornwall to raise our family when we have one. So best of luck to you.

Arnold, same to you as well. Best wishes in your endevours.

Chip

PS. Top thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

This thread is ringing a lot of bells.

As a kid I was verging on bi-polar, massive peaks and troughs in my moods over short time spans.  These days I'm more Dysthymic (low level chronic depression, never up but never massively down either).  However, I'm very wary of all synthetic anti-depressants.  SJW is also not to be underestimated in terms of dependency and side-effects but is a lot better than the commercial stuff.  It's certainly the only thing I'd consider taking (but I tend to read philosophy or work on the house when I'm low).  Something that definitely helped was developing my views on this i.e. I don't think our expectations for life and happiness are in anyway realistic.  Being mostly miserable and occasionally happy is normal, not the other way around.  You've got to watch the people who pretend everything is great all the time, they can suddenly pop a fuse and top themselves.

On the lifestyle thing, I've got 2 young kids and a big mortgage but I'm desperately looking for a way out of the high-stress high-pay field I'm in at the moment.  This is not easy when your fixed overheads (house, bills, child-care) are £1000 a month and you've got no liquidity to fall back on.  

I'd like to move to Cornwall like Puffer (we usually get down to Polzeath at least once a year) or to France like Mr Benn (where are you m8?  my Mum has a place in Lot et Garronne).

I currently take seroxat (Anti-depressant)...

It all started when I fell like shit after Uni....(Masters degree)

Now I am still on the things 3 years later and it fucks me up if I don't take a pill....

However....

Over all the time I have been on them I have had time with and without pot...(Months).

I would say there is no difference to how I feel when I am smoking or not. I am beging to realise (Few months ago) that these pills are what make me feel rough and the doc is sorting out my "Withdraw programme"

So much for medical science helping!

???

Cedarwood, good luck with your efforts - you are fortunate that your GP recognises the problems - many don't! I know you will find it hard, but keep it up M8, it can be done and you will feel soooooooooooooooooooooooo much better when they are behind you!