Snoopy comes to Littlewoods...

Spliffy.

OK, yesterday, (Friday), I made my usual before-work spliff, and smoked half on the way to work. What I usually do is smoke half to give me a nice day-time buzz, doc it out, put the other half in my jacket pocket, and finish it at the end of the day.

Yesterday I had a bit of a shitty day,(I work in the Littlewoods call center in Preston, advising people that they'll go to court if they don't pay what they owe straight away.)  ((Oh yeah, if anyone has a littlewoods account, I'll be more than happy to tell you how to get away with not paying your bill...hehehe.))

So anyway, it was a bit of a shitty day, what with being called a Wanker about 20 times, so I decided to smoke that other half at tea time. (I work 1pm till 9pm,).

So, feeling kind of "Niiiice", I went back into work and got on with the job.

About 8.30 pm, I heard a radio behind me, so I looked around. About 20 feet away from me where two of the "Bizzies".

"O-OH," thinks me, "Who's getting arrested??".

I then heard a snuffling sound, looked down, and two feet away from me, there's this brown and white spaniel thingy sniffing at my jacket!!

You know that metally taste you get in your mouth when fear strikes? I got that.

I was thinkin, "That dogs gonna smell weed on my jacket for sure". I looked up, and all the bosses where staring straight at me (I've told em all about me and the weed) and I think that they were all expecting that dog to jump on me!!!

The next thing I knew, it walked right past me, and started sniffing in the bin instead. Then it just wandered off to the next person.

Relief??? you don't know the half of it. I nearly passed out through the sudden "Thank God for That" feeling.

So there ya go. Smoking at work is sometimes a good thing, because if I hadn't had that joint at tea time, I would now have been unemployed.

oooh - sweaty-betty, :)

It reminds me of my sniffer-dog tales from the merchant navy - it's true - dogs are shit at smelling weed. Coke, opium, etc... they can smell at several miles. Ganj - seems to elude them though - I was in the toilets of the ship - checking my stash hadn't been found when I jumped out of my skin - I found that 4 officers and 2 dogs were still in there too - so I stood at a urinal - checking their progress (with my ears) - before they moved off - inches from my gear behind a chemical pipe. Nil... Nada... zippo... those dogs swept right past it...

Still - bringing sniffer dogs into the workplace - that's outrageous behaviour - sure airline pilots - etc... need to be tested - but this yank idea of drug testing every employee all the time - stinks. Especially as the US consume the most on the planet anyway...

:rude:  :rude:  :rude: