Lambs Bread

dopedog

I've recently heard about a strain of weed called lambs bread. Apparently the buds resemble the texture of bread. It is meant to be very potent ;) :wink:

does anybody have any experience with this strain and know where I can get hold of the seeds?

cheers

ddog

as far as I'm aware lambs bread is a jamaican landrace strain, I don't think that I've ever seen it commercially available anywhere.

:rofl: hate even mentioning his name but mark emery used to sell them so there is a canada seed co that does sell it but dono where anymore

There is or was some lambsbread cross seeds about.....Try google 

Owd 

Edited by Owderb

Guest indica

D N A

Great White Shark x Jamaican Lambsbread

With amazing flavor and smell and an outstanding buzz. The Sharksbreath is a highly potent top notch weed and a connoisseur’s delight. Short stout plants pack on frosty and very dense cola’s. A heavy feeder, good air flow is also required to prevent bud rot. A great low odor variety for the grower wanting a special headstash.

Sharks breath..

cheers all , :rofl:

I've found a strain called marleys collie which is meant to be a bit like lambs bread , I think I will give it a go at growing it soon.

ddog :rofl:

I've recently heard about a strain of weed called lambs bread. Apparently the buds resemble the texture of bread. It is meant to be very potent lol:headpain:

does anybody have any experience with this strain and know where I can get hold of the seeds?

cheers

ddog

Hi Dopedog, i grew lambsbread back in the early 90s, it was a very tall sativa/skunk, the buds were quite tight for a sativa and the toke was unbelievable, we decided not to keep it because it took ages to finish and we were all lightweights at that time, it knocked us silly. I hear that sources within sensi have access to the real deal.

good hunting sativabreeder :stoned::rofl:

• 11 years later...

No twigs it was a strain, sadly I heard it had died out due to cross pollination from all the European style indica plants over there. Saying that though, in 2015 in Jamaica I did ask around and I got what someone called lamsbread, however it wasn't the soaring sativa I was expecting so probably just another bushweed. 

• Like 1

Jamaican Cannabis Landraces: History and Importance

in November 2015, as part of the Rastafari Rootzfest, the first Cannabis Cup was held in Jamaica. HIGH TIMES received a total of 65 flower and hash entries from the local growers, separated into 2 categories: “Traditional farming” (outdoor-only methods) and “Modern growing” (indoor growing or outdoor with imported strains, fertilisation and automated irrigation). Analysis of these strains demonstrated that the hybridisation is already very well entrenched. A prime example of this is the famous Jamaican strain “Lamb’s Bread”, which was named after Bob Marley’s song, but is actually a product of hybridisation with “Skunk#1” imported from Holland in the late 70s early 80s. 

sauce

sheryl if it was named after his song it must have been a term used for 'high grade' weed in his local area already? 

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
stuff
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Its not dead at all. I've had it multiple times. SativaBreeder is onto it. Its dark green with foxtail like buds in an open lanky sativa structure.(stacking calyxs?) It has amber colors as well from the resin, and kindof a honey mustard color to it as well. Its not just dark green. Hairs tend to be brown. But the kicker is there is VERY little leaf, and the buds have a certain density to them which makes them weigh more by volume than most sativas. The smell is rather light from what I can recall. But its a nice sweet smell and proper bread shouldnt smell grassy. I'm sure it might have been one of Bobs favorite strains, but C'mon people, this is Bob Marley. He smoked whatever he could get his hands on. The high of bread is an almost pure sativa high but with all around relaxing effects. Not a racy cracked out high. Really nice buzz, and smoke all around. Find some and you wont be dissatisfied. Wish I could point you in the perfect direction, but I just bought it off the street, multiple times.