Help me top!

leafsta

After doing some light reading, I've come to the conclusion that I've never really had a clue exactly where to correctly top my plants, and I think it's about time I sought help to actually get it right..

Can anyone advise me on the picture below please 🙏🏽large.20240519_220856.jpg.42aa20f1c3edbc3e0680a31333995fa5.jpg

• Like 1

the plant has staggered nodes which isnt really any use for topping,imho,

you really need something with both side shoots coming off at the same node.

take it this is a cutting ?

Yep! That's what's been confusing me! 

Not the news I wanted to hear 😩

• Like 2

I love helping females take their tops off 😜

I'll grab my coat

Jokes aside, I've yet to grow a cut to flower but was aware of this staggering nodes thing, I was planning on topping still once it had enough starting branches and then top them about two weeks later, should get something that resembles a seed topped plant.... if you squint lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd top her at the 3rd or 4th node and then top the nodes aswell. she'll bush out nicely then,

• Like 1

It does not mean that you can’t top the plant, only it is not the best method for cuts due to the staggered internode spacing. 

Other methods include tying down the top so that the side shoots bush out or super cropping (crushing the stem between nodes a little so it bruises and repairs) allowing the side shoots to catch up. 

Personally I would bend the top over and tie it down so the plant bushes out. 

:smokin:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

As already said, Bend her over and let her bush out, she will be lovely, once she growing, I'd keep bending the stems over as they grow as this will also aid with air flow.

Edited by Greenfingers420uk

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, leafsta said:

where to correctly top my plants

There isn't really any right or wrong way to top a plant, just different results from what you do. The only real stipulation is that the plant has reached maturity, which most people say is when they have 5 nodes or when they're showing sex, or in this case it's a cut from a mature plant. 

Everyone has their own ideas methods for training plants and TBH they all seem fairly inconsequential, what really matters is your genetics and environment, with you feeding coming in close second. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1