Getting rid of the wiff

Woozy

My grow is up in the loft and there's little room up there, trimming has to happen downstairs and I do it when it's wet, as I don't have the time to trim dry weed and I use a spin pro. I put plastic sheeting down, wear gloves etc. once I've cleaned up, I air the room, room tends to stink for a few days. Is there anything out there that'll get rid of the stench quicker?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Good Air freshner and burning a incense stick does the job for me, i also put my trimmings in a bag and put that into the used cat litter bag to deal with the smell and dispose of that.

some people have a extra fan a CF filter to scrub the air while they trim 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Do you have money to get a carbon filter with a fan attached blasting the room? No ducting. Just a carbon filter attached to a fan in the room on full power.

That's what i use when i harvest out of pure paranoia. Works though. 

When trimming I use Ona or ocd gel it’s the same stuff that does the job for me with a circulation fan on low just moveing the air around abit. 

Try microwaving some kippers. That smell will cover anything.        :fish:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

incense sticks work well, Dragons blood is my preferred, or palo santo, ive even got into my small flower area and trimmed, it was a tad claustrophobic though 🫠

• Like 1

Burning toast is excellent for a quick fix. Doubt you can burn enough toast to cover a trimming session though. Trimming in the grow room with fan running is the best smell free method.

• Like 1

You could buy a small tent + cf and fan and just do everything in there, it will be cramped but it will keep the stench from getting into every bit of the room.

Cheaper than a new front door that's for sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m so used to Ona blocks especially the linen that I associate the smell with a grow! Bloody expensive but they work to some extent. The sprays are good for a quick cover up. 
Filter is the way to go and contain everything in one room but never seems to work out like that. Clean up, open all doors to clear out the air quickly and then candles everywhere. Pour some Bleach down toilets and sinks and leave. Drops of some essential oils in bin bags. Get a spray bottle put some lemon essential oil mixed with water and spray on rugs or carpet.  Leave the ona open to do its job or Plug in air fresheners. Clothes in wash and shower.
I smoked a joint of a top shelf stinker in my smoking room 2 days ago and can still smell it. It’s got a 6”carbon filter that I’ve left on at half speed. It’s contained in room but stinks. There’s hardly any soft furnishings in there either! How people grow that stuff I don’t know! 

Got to be careful with stuff like ONA and incense as it can taint the bud and it really ruins it.

Your best bet would be a small fan and filter set up in the room recirculating the air, and trim next to it. 

• Like 2

I use the old 4" fan and carbon filter at speed 1 24/7 in the lung room....also last weeks of flowering smell a lot(although6" in the tent)

Bought recently manure for the garden....my house smell pig sheet from the train...

If you irrigate with fish mix....even insects will stay away.

6 hours ago, Greenfingers420uk said:

Dragons blood

I like that one too 👌

24 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

incense as it can taint the bud and it really ruins it.

That's why I only light them after trimming 👍

Def what @GSZZ said, tainted bud from an air freshener or incense is 🤢 

• Like 2