Essential GG kit.

murphyblue

What would u consider to be essential kit ???

Here's what i carry in my rucksack.

Zip ties, green coated garden wire,small snips,larger snips, a fold up saw and black leccy tape oh and a ball of garden string.

With the above u can sort out most problems

The only other thing would be fishmix.

What would u add and why.

• Like 6

Love it mate I have similar, soft tie wire , what u said is great already spot on .

• Like 4

Drinking Water, food and toilet roll. For when i'm hungry and on a plot all day and toilet roll for obvious reasons 

GG kit is bow saw with spare blades, loppers, garden string, twine, fork and spade base with one handle ( two part spade and two part fork with rivets drilled out to separate handle from base and metal coat hanger to put through to hold them together in use) , couple of pairs of gloves, rake with half the handle sawn off and bill hook

Spare clothes and antiperspirant (in case of a sharp exit and the need to not look like the person described as the culprit that fled the scene)

Once plots are cleared and holes and beds created, next visit i take the chicken wire and snips to stash ready for planting and dry ferts to add ready to break down before planting.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Depends on time of year and specific situation really.  I think the only thing I always have is a knife, but then I never don’t.

Suitable footware - boots, wellies/waders, running shoes (depending on plot)  and trousers (mole-skin or waterproof for nettles).  

Laplander folding saw is good for cutting branches / slashing back weeds / decapitating rippers…

More water than you think you’ll need (can always give some to plants). 

And as already said, shit tickets.  Which can also help with an excuse, when exiting bushes.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7

Yh bog roll is a must else your coming home with one sock

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I always take a big 70l hiking rucksack containing the following -

Fiskars Bill hook/machete - Every guerilla should have one. For gaining access to plots, opening up spaces and clearing around the girls so they don’t get swallowed up.

Chest waders - For getting where most others won’t go! Most of my plots you’ve got to cross streams/swampy areas to get to them. Also great for getting through nettle beds/really overgrown areas and not getting stung or soaked after it’s rained. Plus you can kneel and roll about in the mud and shit much as you like and still keep the clothes underneath nice and clean. No strange looks when your back on the footpath! 

Gloves - Heavy duty pair of thorn proof gardening gloves. Another guerrilla essential.

Bits bag - Just a big waterproof zip lock with a spare trail cam, batteries, memory cards, zip ties, pair of scissors, rubber gloves so I don’t leave any prints and a Bally incase someone’s watching!

• Like 4

Can't believe it took seven posts to identify one very essential item: a balaclava/face covering (I use a camo snood and wear a hooded camouflage jacket). You never know if you'll be spotted, so I always cover up... :) 

The camo gear usually goes in the bag once I emerge into "normal" world.

• Like 6

And here's me planning to rock up with just a mini shovel, plant, small bag of soil and some water, i might have to rethink this through after reading this lol

• Like 4

Beer traps for the slugs. Take a 4 pack of your favourite tipple, drink 3 whilst admiring plot, share the rest in your traps. Take beer to top up on every trip 😁 

• Like 5

sawn off mattock, small builders shovel, garden shears, gloves, pen knife,  Much prefer using a mattock to a spade for digging holes if you have to crouch down to do it. 

• Like 4