African weed in red string?

David Attenborough

I always thought it was Thai that came tied in red thread, is African weed done lik this too?

smoked loads and loads of the African brick weed, never came in anything but squashed

• Like 1

In the late 80s we used to get Thai with golden coloured silk threads running through the block, it wasnt on sticks but was obviously a throwback from when they were.

In the 00's there was a big imports of weed on bbq skewer sticks with red string, they were fat, kinda the shape of a turd, and made out of what I thought was mid grade African, definitely wasnt like Thai weed and was very much like African bush, some people said it was Albanian which might be true as it was less compressed than African normally was.

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

smoked loads and loads of the African brick weed, never came in anything but squashed

We had black Nigerian...they cut everything ( steam, leave,etc) and compressed in blocks and was given like this ....

Something similar?

It's just the string they use to tie the bundles together I reckon. Saw it quite a bit in African weed in the early 90's. It wasn't like Thai stick though. Much like @inceywinceyspider describes it.

By modern standards it was terrible, usually full of seeds and twigs and a flat piney sort of smoke. Got you cained though.

I used to get some compressed Swazi that had red cotton in. I don't know if I ever had genuine 'Thai stick' but I did have some genuine Cambodian sativa that was really nice.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Most of Europe's outdoor grown cannabis has come from Albania in recent years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38111945

Only calabrese rossa from the '89 I guess or at least this is the genetic we passed to Lazarat.

Edited by Amnesialocal