Hole In The Clouds RGS Diary 24

Hole in the clouds

Looking ready to have some fun mucker :yes:

Plots looking good ,  tasty selection of beans :yep:

All the best with it  and lookin forward to seeing it play out mate

• Like 2

Wetted 48hrs ago and all bar a few are in soil. large.IMG_2638.jpeg.13f693a31075ae9975e3e2ea97451fce.jpeg

• Like 11

Like a fucktard I’ve forgotten to plant the fucktards! Just found the tub in the airing cupboard! The roots are long think I’ll have to try put them in ounce cups so I’ve got some depth for them. 

large.IMG_2640.jpeg.7ad73986d1c9b4d6bdaed732bc678eb6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

The remaining seeds had split today so they’ve gone into soil now. I’m just waiting on the last two OPG x fucktard seeds to split now. I’ve put two mighty freeze seeds in a wet paper towel to replace them if they are non starters. 

Edited by Hole in the clouds
Spelling
  • Like 5

The last two OPGx 

fucktard seeds don’t look as if they’re going to go. I’ll persevere with them.
The two mighty freeze I put to replace them have split so they can go in pots tonight.

Most are poking they little heads up now😃 

• Like 4

Not happy with the soil here it’s still heavy and claggy. It took me a few failed attempts to find a suitable plot in this area therefore I was quite late finding this one and should have been doing all this months ago.

I have been working the holes but they need more time/work should be better next year. I took two 75l coco blocks with me. Added one to the 5 holes I have and left the other one soaking for next trip.
I still need to add another two holes here really. I meant to do it on this trip but run out of time. Need another full day here. Would like more plants here to make the trek worthwhile but can’t see that happening now.
This plot is going to be for fucktards I have 7 regular seedlings and if goes to plan I’ll be looking to leave a male on the plot to get some seeds from a select female or two and any males I pull will be replaced with late plant outs of another strain. I plan on collecting seeds and also running whatever’s here for bubble if that’s possible? All new to me never grown a male before ain’t got a clue with seeds either so will be a nice little play around for me. That’s all this is really just me having a play see what happens I’m sure I’ll learn some stuff. 

I’ve only got 5 holes here need more but plant outs will be starting soon. I dumped another load of coco in them after I took the photo.

large.IMG_2664.jpeg.c0f8b47e5cd7235df1bff223aac4662d.jpeglarge.IMG_2665.jpeg.38c23ca45bdb12549cc353f7375b55b0.jpeglarge.IMG_2667.jpeg.7e74d61725d54f8be5afb0c97ad3bc27.jpeg

Looking down the plot from the top hole. It looks like I could fit lots in here but the reality is it’s mostly stone with just this small slope with deep soil.

large.IMG_2668.jpeg.4379c87946fcdc4335fa09d58ab00019.jpeg

• Like 11

Pretty much all above soil just waiting on last two to show.

large.IMG_2669.jpeg.ec21bab794f1af8eccd5d94d07519702.jpeg

These are the only autos I’m running this year. 6x Pink Runtz. I’ve got one party cup inside the other. The bottoms are cut out and there are slits/flaps all the way round the inner cup. Just going to take the outer cup off and plant. 

large.IMG_2670.jpeg.a061a069db6eb6ed11403e99e3a4080e.jpeg

Dunno what this Mighty Gold is up to?  It’s as if it’s snapped but it just started growing sideways! 

large.IMG_2672.jpeg.a8f35e32c23fe3d6f5df52c27999c3cf.jpeg

This MAFF had two roots growing out of its seed and also has two shoots now.

large.IMG_2671.jpeg.8645bd38a0a19021c82f696cc2367e4a.jpeg

• Like 12

All above soil now. I had just two seeds that didn’t germinate both OPGxfucktard. Everything else was its usual vigorous self. All raring to go! Whitey freeze were the first up looking forward to giving these a whirl. 

• Like 3

I had trouble with ogp x fucktard the only one I had germ out the 3 is slowly growing and it's got mutant leaves.

• Like 2

@Skit Rat

That’s interesting. I only had 5 so I’ve got two out of four above soil they look fine at moment but they were slow. I was going to germinate the last seed for a late plant out if I’ve got room see how it goes. 

• Like 2

This was last years mighty freeze spot. I’ve moved a couple of holes earlier this year. Literally dug the soil out and moved them. I misjudged the sun when I dug them last year. I’ve moved them a few feet out of the morning shade. I’ve made all the holes bigger. This was a final visit get everything ready before plant out. 
This is an open spot. The mighty freeze last year stayed really small so were lovely and stealth here. I don’t know if I should go all mighty freeze again or do a mixture. The other good thing about putting mighty freeze here is they will finish early and I can concentrate on the other plots. 

Four holes one side

large.IMG_2680.jpeg.6bcf72e9a32a1234040ea668a0c24cf5.jpeg

And three on the other side. 

large.IMG_2678.jpeg.a5fd730e9918a0ba3f2ba2575e943a61.jpeg

• Like 10

Looking good buddy. 

You got some decisions to make, play it safe or take a gamble 🤔

Good luck. 

• Like 3

On 18/05/2024 at 15:25, Hole in the clouds said:

Pretty much all above soil just waiting on last two to show

Great photo with those square pots all lined up neatly and just the front corner in focus. Cream of the seedling material! 

• Like 1

Anyone know what this is all about?

large.IMG_2695.jpeg.a9cc941ca4b138e74c8967233aaf3106.jpeg

Also what do I do with the two headed one in the picture a few posts up? How will it grow? Will it affect the end result? Is it worth planting? Ive got a few spare don’t want to waste any holes. 
Cheers

• Like 3