Fallout 76

growinggold

Hello all,

Do we have fallout 76 bods on here? 

i recently started watching the tv series and it made me reinstall 76 on the ps4. i got to level 25 on release back in 2018 bugs did me in. 

is anybody still playing? / completed it? 

whats everyones thoughts? worth another go?

thanks..

GG

• Like 1

Gave it a go when it first came out and another go a while later. Loved the proper Fallout games (both the original isometric ones and Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4), absolutely hated 76, it did to Fallout what Elder Scrolls Online did to the Elder Scrolls games, turned it into a soulless MMO cash grab and meant that they focused on churning out endless shitty pay content for that instead of creating a proper new single player Fallout/Elder Scrolls game :sadwalk:

• Like 1

Haven't tried it /won't try it. I don't want to play these games as a multiplayer.  !00% what @Boojum said.

Have been replaying Fallout 4 , inspired by the series (which I really enjoyed despite all the moaners i interweb land)

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the series too, IMHO it's a lot more Fallout than Fallout 76 lol There's a few misfiring moments but on the whole I thought it was excellent and absolutely captured the look, feel and spirit of the games (helped in no small part by the massively underrated Walton Goggins, who I don't think has ever got the recognition he deserves, a superb actor and massively charismatic, Justified wouldn't have been half as good without him as Boyd Crowder, he was able to make a truly horrible character somehow likeable and that's no mean feat, I think he lifts 'the Ghoul' from what could have been a bog standard, one-dimensional 'antihero' into something more complex, a bit like he did with Boyd Crowder :) ). I can't wait for season 2 :) I'd say if you're inspired to play/replay any of the Fallout games by the series go for 3, New Vegas or 4 (or even 1 & 2, probably the best of the lot in pure role play game terms, just that some may be put off both by their age and the fact that they're old school isometric games), basically any of them other than 76 and Fallout Tactics lol

E2A I think of the many easter eggs in the series my favourite was the code being the release date of the original game :D

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I can't wait for season 2

Sadly we're waiting till 2026 for it.

I've got to admit, I far prefer the FPS RPG versions (3 onwards) than the turn based originals, but probably only because fallout 3 is the first I played.

You can get fallout 4 for £3.50 on ps store with the DLC all available for another £11

• Like 1

I totally get preferring the first person ones, especially if you started the series with them, I started with the first one way back in 1997 so 1 & 2 will always hold a special place for me (though Tactics was a complete abortion lol ). For those who started back in the day with the very first one I'd recommend Wasteland 3 (it's on Gamepass), the original Wasteland was the inspiration for Fallout :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Bethesda killed fallout

Fallout 2 is the best game of the franchise it's a shame black isle didn't get to develop any of the later games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

New Vegas

This is the compromise recommendation due to the fact some of the game was borrowed from what interplay had already written for their own sequel which is also why it's the stand out from the Bethesda offerings

• Like 2

No game has ever made me laugh quite as much or quite as hysterically as Fallout 2

• Like 1

don't get me started on Starfield....

Or Redfall :ouch: (I know that was made by Arkane, but it's published by Bethesda), both that and Starfield are utter garbage lol

• Like 1

@NezA You've played Monkey Island right? Nothing to do with Fallout I know but that shit's funny.

• Like 2

I think Borderlands 2 probably made me laugh as much as any game I can remember, said it before, Handsome Jack is one of the best baddies ever :D

E2A I'm playing Dead Island 2 at the moment and that's giving me its fair share of chuckles (I'm playing as Jacob and the bloke who does his voice acting is superb, some of his dialogue is hilarious :) ).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Love the Fallout games, but dont love playing with other people, or paying a subscription 

• Like 1