Mike Tyson sells cannabis sweets in shape of Evander Holyfield's ear

Joolz

‘Mike Bites’ products reference gruesome clash between two boxers in 1997 that ended in disqualification for biting

Mike Tyson has been criticised after he began selling a range of cannabis sweets shaped like Evander Holyfield’s ear, part of which he bit off during a boxing title fight.

The former world heavyweight champion’s products, which are marketed as “Mike Bites”, reference a clash between the pair in 1997. Tyson had become enraged with what he insisted were headbutts from Holyfield, himself a heavyweight and former cruiserweight champion, and tore off a piece of his right ear during a clinch.

The referee initially allowed the fight to continue before Tyson then went after Holyfield’s left ear, at which point he was disqualified.

Tyson, a former boxing prodigy and the youngest man to win the heavyweight title at 20 years old, was later temporarily banned from the sport and handed a $3 million fine.

He retired in 2005 and now credits cannabis with helping him control his demons and find peace with himself.

He has signed to fight an exhibition fight with the YouTube celebrity Jake Paul in the summer and is reportedly planning a promotional tour of his “Mike Bites” next month.

The cannabis-infused sweets, released by the former boxer’s company Tyson 2.0, come in pugilistic-themed flavours including black eye berry and sour apple punch.

TELEMMGLPICT000371962853_17115590301430_

However, Stu Zakim, a cannabis industry publicist, told the New York Post that the product should have found a better frontman than Tyson, who he called a “convicted rapist and wife-beater”.

The sweets are shaped like Holyfield's ear, part of which Tyson bit off during a boxing title fight

TELEMMGLPICT000371963636_17115591019980_

Tyson was convicted of raping a former Miss Black America contestant in 1992 and spent three years in prison. 

He lost his heavyweight title in 1990 after he was sensationally knocked out in Tokyo by James “Buster” Douglas.

Holyfield and Tyson have since made fun of the ear-biting incident in an advert for Footlocker, the sportswear company, from 2013. In the short clip, Tyson apologises to his opponent and holds out a box supposedly containing the rest of his ear. “I kept that in formaldehyde,” he explains, before the two men embrace.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/news/2024/03/27/mike-tyson-criticised-as-he-launches-cannabis-sweets/

• Haha 3

The fuck is delta8? Is that a hemp / CBD loophole so they can be sold in every us state?

• Like 2

:no:

Not funny, not something to make novelties out of. Is he going to do one in the shape of a rape victim too ? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shogun said:

The fuck is delta8? Is that a hemp / CBD loophole so they can be sold in every us state?

Pretty much, Just another synthetic cannabinoid, It's not very strong either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

:no:

Not funny, not something to make novelties out of. Is he going to do one in the shape of a rape victim too ? 

Tyson and Holyfield were on a podcast together a couple of years ago discussing this as if it was going to be a joint venture. They were both laughing and joking about it. 

Edit to add. I'm pretty sure he already has high THC "ears" available in legal states, think they have been on the market for a couple of years.

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shogun said:

Tyson and Holyfield were on a podcast together a couple of years ago discussing this as if it was going to be a joint venture. They were both laughing and joking about it. 

They did an advert for something a while back that used it. Holyfield may be OK making money off it now but it doesn't make it any better :no: 

• Like 2

Tysons a legend, there's always someone bringing up old shit, surprised they didnt use the "sexual aggression" line like uk gov, 12 years after the case was dismissed by the courts (reference to latest tate fiasco).

Come on, tell me how much of a cock I am, I'm ready 🤪

Don't see anything wrong with the product other than its not proper thc.

Tysons been in the weed business since 2014, his seed line is tyson2.0 and has been growing strains for years, I think its mellowed him out🫡

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 5

I see a video of him training for a upcoming fight and I definitely wouldn't tell him his weed was crap 

But I don't understand why fake THC gets used when there is all this real stuff growing everywhere 

• Like 1

hope that jake Paul twat gets put down hard. tyson ain't gonna throw no fight

• Like 1

I read a rumour that JP gets them to sign a no knock out deal as part of the contract. I could believe that to be honest. Put it this way the whole shit show is somehow selling out arenas and getting healthy PPV cash returns. Nobody is going to end that gravy train any time soon imho.

As for the ear being in bad taste ? Well don't buy it ffs

As for the rape sweet lol Yeah im going to veer towards "victim blaming" on that one. Fuck me even as a man if I was invited to his bedroom at 2am then id be afraid for my ass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brysee said:

I see a video of him training for a upcoming fight and I definitely wouldn't tell him his weed was crap 

But I don't understand why fake THC gets used when there is all this real stuff growing everywhere 

The fake THC ones are promotional for non legal states. He has been selling real high THC ears for years in legal states.

• Like 2