Pot by noids - extraction

incheyeg

I'm hoping someone on here can give me some pointers with Pot by noids extraction

Looking for some general guidelines for first time trying this... I have watched the youtube video below:

• I know I should decarb first
  • I cant find food grade ethanol, so I'm going to use Spirytus.... this should be ok right?
  • How much Spirytus (ml) to use per gram of flower? Or should I just use just enough to cover the flower?
  • I know I need to cold infuse the decarbed flower in the Spirytus before extraction cycle... video mentions if you only want cannabinioids, 3 to 5 hours is fine.... is 3hrs enough? and is more than 5 too much? what would happen after 5hours?
  • When filtering the plant material, I take it I just squeeze on the beaker lid until no more liquid comes out?
  • Can the leftover plant material be used for anything?
  • When the extraction is done, any best practices for getting the FECO from the beaker? some comments on the video mention freezing the beaker, any ideas how long?

Much love from the dove from above, and if anyone can help... much appreciated

If you’re gonna be getting into making solvent extractions then I recommend you read what this guy has to say:

Graywolf knows his stuff 👍

Atb

☯️

40 minutes ago, incheyeg said:

so I'm going to use Spirytus.... this should be ok right?

It's fine, but if you haven't bought it check out liquid essences, you can find cheap food grade ethanol there.

I haven't used my noids to do an ethanol extraction but when I do them in the Magic Butter I use 14g/240ml ethanol. I have done higher amounts but I don't think there was any advantage.

I find when doing ethanol extractions the left over material is totally stripped of everything unlike when doing olive oil or coconut ones.