First assessment

BenGeeMan

I have my first assessment for medical cannabis on Monday.

I have depression and anxiety.

Does anyone have any advice?

What treatment have you had from your doctor for these problems?

Atb

☯️

If  you have tried two separate medications you prob meet their needs of taking your money , they need customers to survive init. What ever happened to people protesting for the right to grow ? Apparently one private cannabis firms involved with product earth maybe I miss heard idk 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BenGeeMan said:

Does anyone have any advice?

When I was where you are - in my own way, of course, our paths are different - it wasn't putting all my hopes on a quick fix solution that got me out of it. It was about being forced to assess (eventually) the things in my life that weren't working, the choices I myself was making - and, at the time, sacking off a career that I was told by everyone I was lucky to have but just made me miserable.... And more!

No prescription covers things like that.

Have a read about 'whole person' approaches, if you've not heard it.... It's like the opposite mentality to leaning too hard on one thing, one aspect; we're more than that. Holistic approaches recognise more that the path with most likelihood of improving your quality of life isn't a 'cookie cutter' thing.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What treatment have you had from your doctor for these problems?

Atb

☯️

So initially I had sertraline alongside mirtazapine The (mirtazapine really trying to counteract the insomnia that the sertraline) caused.

Unfortunately after about 18 months the sertraline stopped working for me.

I was then put on citalopram.  This worked but the insomnia came back and I was told they couldnt offer anything with this to combat it.  They also gave me propranolol to help combat the anxiety attacks I get.  

The citalopram does work.. but I cant sleep.  The propranolol does seem to help when Im having a full on attack.  I was on this for over 12 months.

I was told by the GP to take over the counter sleeping tablets and just stay on them but they make me extremely groggy in the mornings .. Im just screwed until about midday.  I was told that as insomnia was a common side effect of SSI medication and as I had had it from 2 different types that whatever they put me on would probably cause insomnia.

I also have had therapy .. when I was at my lowest that did actually help, the problem is my issues go so far back to my childhood and Im the wrong side of 40 now that I really cant be fixed.. It did help though but I think I reached the limits of how much it could help

• Like 2

3 hours ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

When I was where you are - in my own way, of course, our paths are different - it wasn't putting all my hopes on a quick fix solution that got me out of it. It was about being forced to assess (eventually) the things in my life that weren't working, the choices I myself was making - and, at the time, sacking off a career that I was told by everyone I was lucky to have but just made me miserable.... And more!

No prescription covers things like that.

Have a read about 'whole person' approaches, if you've not heard it.... It's like the opposite mentality to leaning too hard on one thing, one aspect; we're more than that. Holistic approaches recognise more that the path with most likelihood of improving your quality of life isn't a 'cookie cutter' thing.

Thank you I will look into that.  I do kind of feel that I want a complete change but I just dont know what to I guess

• Like 1

Have you used cannabis recreationally?

You might find that you need to go through a few different strains to find the ones that suits you and your symptoms.

But they’ll probably go over the different strains and types of extractions available to you once you’ve been through the assessment.

Don’t stress about the assessment,

they ultimately want to get you onboard so long as you fit the criteria(it would appear that you do) :) 

Atb

☯️

@BenGeeMan Reads like you've already begun there mate - nice one.

Good luck.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Have you used cannabis recreationally?

You might find that you need to go through a few different strains to find the ones that suits you and your symptoms.

But they’ll probably go over the different strains and types of extractions available to you once you’ve been through the assessment.

Don’t stress about the assessment,

they ultimately want to get you onboard so long as you fit the criteria(it would appear that you do) :) 

Atb

☯️

So honestly yes and no.. I have never been a  stoner type .... I was always a drinker type 

At partys yeah ther would be cannabis  and yeah sometimes we would all smoke it .. have fits of giggles .. great night that was it

Ive had the odd joint since but .. but Im not a stoner .. My depression s started about 2 years before covid but I was on top of it   .. covid meant I became redundant and for some reason just went to bits  .. I dont know why it got so bad but it did 

So my brother is like.. you need cannabis but I didnt take that seriously.. just smoke get high.. go to bed etc.. 

Fastst forward to now.. I drink but Im not an alcoholic  .. its literally a part of my coping mechanism .. 

So  my wife wants a divorce .. she is fed up of dealing with depressed me... and I have really negative thoughts.

Remember the Joker "all I have is negative thoughts" well  first time I heard that I thought .. me bloody too!!

So I schedule myself an appt (wife would kill me if she knew)

So then I am feeling basically suicidal .. I am literally looking for places to hang myself .. Its on my mind a lot

SO I figure If I should just do some cananbis and I felt so much better .. I mean I dont want to kill myself for about 2-3 days .. then I need some

I dont need to drink  (people have said before its my coping mechanism rather than an actual addiction)

Right now I want a couple of things

1. to feel energised in the monrings rather than fucked!!

2. this is the one I dont know how to approach..  being stoned geives me some time away from my own usual thoughts .. so I think the acto of getting high 1 -2 times a week is therapeutic..   This may all be BS but 2-3 days after a low dose I stop thinking about it. and I sleep

So I dont know I just want to feel better

• Like 1

I was out on propanaanol earlier this year , made me suicidal within  a week wasn’t pleasant, I’m kind of used to feeling shit . My advice is don’t change to many things quick with medications. Years ago was on citalopram mates said it changed me for the worse so me being me I stopped them , no taper etc. ended up sectioned with reactive psychosis which isn’t fun . The drs tried me on propananol during a regular prescription review “ just want to take your BP” I said no not today I’m stressed out she did it and it was 146 / 106 so chucked prooananol at me. I always say to them let my consultant shrink change my meds but the drs like to try lol  Also my shrink finally agrees I’m better stoned . It also helps to make sure up your not surrounded by cunts.  As for feeling better do simple things that are easy to achieve  and build from there slowly. Don’t compare yourself to others helps. Everyone’s unique .  I’m sure you’ll get your private canna script as you’ve tried a few avenues , I can get it but refuse rather grow me own when I can .:oldtoker:

• Like 4