Easy Chocolate Cookies (vegan)

Pushka

These are really quick to make and taste divine.  The are done with non dairy, I haven't tried with dairy but I cant see it would make much difference.

Be sure to use granulated sugar, either white or golden, I tried subbing with something else and they came out really crispy.

There's no need to flatten the balls before cooking, I roll mine to about golf ball size and get 15 from the recipe.

• 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3cup infused melted coconut oil
  • 1tablespoonground flax seeds/linseed
  • 1/3cup non-dairy milk
  • 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4cups  all purpose flour plain
  • 1/2cup  cocoa powder
  • 1teaspoonbaking powder
  • 1/4teaspoonsalt
  • 1cup icing sugar, for rolling

Or for those that prefer metric
  • 200ggranulated sugar
  • 80ml infused melted coconut oil
  • 1tablespoonground flax seeds/linseed
  • 80ml non-dairy milk
  • 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 156g all purpose flour (plain)
  • 43g cocoa powder
  • 1teaspoonbaking powder
  • 1/4teaspoonsalt
  • 237g icing sugar, for rolling

Oven at 180

• In a large bowl, add the sugar and canola oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth. Add the ground flax seeds, non-dairy milk and vanilla, and mix well to combine.
  • Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt using either a sifter or fine mesh strainer. Stir until combined with the wet ingredients and a soft dough is formed. 
  • Place the powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough at a time, and shape into a ball. Roll the ball in the powdered sugar very generously, covering all sides. The more powdered sugar, the prettier the cookies will be.
  • Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes until set. They will appear slightly undercooked and soft, but will firm up as they cool.
  • Cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack

You can skip the rolling in icing sugar but it does taste nice. I freeze any I'm not eating in a couple of days, they only take a little while to defrost.

• Like 2

Making edibles tasty is quite risky you know,it can be tempting to eat too many. Just out of interest how strong do you make your coconut oil? I use half an ounce per cup myself.

• Like 1

Sounds nice, but as KC says may be too nice, especially if you run out of munchies and they're staring at you🤣 

Reminds me, I need to make some more oil but can only decarb/infuse at night in case of smell and my work hours are not accommodating :wanker:

Here's a quick Reese's style thing I make for anyone interested. May of seen it on here before or just done it randomly, fuck knows, but they're nice, and quick to make.

Plain digestive biscuits crushed and mixed with peanut butter and your oil or whatever, stick in a tray and top with melted chocolate of your choice, infused chocolate too if you want, refrigerate, enjoy. Lovely stuff.

• Like 1