Flight Sim to Find grow spots??

Kush Myster

playing a bit of flight sim lately it came to realise that the buildings are in place but the textures are randomly generated! but i also noticed flying over my local areas the country side seems to be pretty spot on wich led me to start flying over our local country side in my area and found some potential decent spots for the outdoor beans. just wondering if anyone els has used this game to find spots thats local? i know im on to a couple of winners for this year that id have no idea about if it wasnt for this game

• Like 3

Might be onto something, Would at least help narrow down some possible spots you may never have known about already.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Might be onto something, Would at least help narrow down some possible spots you may never have known about already.

yea for sure has done. i thought id give a fly over my local area to see how accurate it was with my town and it was pretty much spot on apart from the buildings textures being randomly generated they where in the right places and as i flew out of my town i seen a lot of country side i have never explored! so as i was flying about i thought thats agood spot to grow.... theres another good spot to grow.... so went in person to check a few out and yeah im impressed with how accurate this game is. so im gonna sink a few more hours into the game and then spend a few more hours exploring but id deffo recommend giving the game a try to find some spots locally 

• Like 1

Perfect excuse to buy a drone! Saw a dji mini3 kit for under £400 in costco the other day

• Like 1

Or Google earth!! 

big fan of the DJI mini 3 here. You’ll need to add the battery pack and you can get a 47 minute battery from aliexpress, but because this pushes the craft above the 250g limit, will technically be illegal. 

large.Untitled.jpg.4c50f1096490ac18c15ffb67c8a10395.jpglarge.unnamed.jpg.8e0d402c16205095e1a842fde8983402.jpg

• Like 4

Was just about to say it's perfect for a drone, I've also got the DJI Mini 3 but I've hardly used it, have been considering selling it but I might wait til summer

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Perfect excuse to buy a drone! Saw a dji mini3 kit for under £400 in costco the other day

thats a steal at that price :D still not invested in one yet but its deffo on the list of things to get! its just trying to get mrs myster on the same page hahaha

3 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

Was just about to say it's perfect for a drone, I've also got the DJI Mini 3 but I've hardly used it, have been considering selling it but I might wait til summer

It's a great hobby, last summer, I did a few hyperlapses of a cricket game behind Ally Pally, then added some gaussian blur and a bit of saturation to make it look like cartoon ants on speed. I'm also bit of a rebel and often take mine to 500m. Hyperlapses are cool, and for £40 extra, I have 2 free replacements from DJI, should they even fly off or get wrecked/drown.

Making a hyperlapse is fun. Anything that moves become a Benny Hill sketch.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

It's a great hobby, last summer, I did a few hyperlapses of a cricket game behind Ally Pally, then added some gaussian blur and a bit of saturation to make it look like cartoon ants on speed. I'm also bit of a rebel and often take mine to 500m. Hyperlapses are cool, and for £40 extra, I have 2 free replacements from DJI, should they even fly off or get wrecked/drown.

Making a hyperlapse is fun. Anything that moves become a Benny Hill sketch.  

I've seen those types of video, they look insane, almost like animated but you know it's real. Didn't think you could get that high anymore, I think DJI have set the cap at like 400ft in the software, well for the sub 250g one's. I was tempted to sell it so I could buy a RC plane setup as I used to fly those but I have too many hobbies, cars, motorbikes and model steam locomotives, all time consuming and all too expensive 🤣

It's cool being able to get such clear quality now, only time I got that was when I had a private pilot's license. 

Edited by mystic_roots

The controller is 400ft (120m) by default but an update added a slider to unlock this. Mine is the mini 3 pro, not the mini 3. Controller is the DJI RC which is pretty basic. There’s a warning screen from 120m but 500m is really high up and very windy so not so great for smooth footage. 😎