Does marijuana cause psychosis? The answer is complicated

Simple Jack

@ratdog Yep, that grind - you know it... foundational isn't it. Everything goes to shit if that goes on too long.

When I got the diagnosis, for the sleep condition (they stick this cap thing on you, and watch you try and sleep by camera and stuff - more, its crap)... the neurologist was 'of course you smoke pot and tobacco, I don't blame you. I would too'.

ick :D

---------------------

To broaden out: things that make us mental, in some way or another, to this scale or that... lot of things do that.

• Like 1

If I have any adverse effects from smoking the wrong strain (anxiety/panic attacks from too 'uppy' weed) they pass once I'm no longer high, and the right strains don't cause me adverse effects at all. Booze, on the other hand, fucks my head up for days, one session and I'm fighting suicidal depression all week, which is why I stopped drinking, the few hours of pleasure (generally forgotten) just aren't worth the days of horror. I know which one does my mental health far more damage (long-term, not just while I'm under the effects) and it's not the illegal one.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

seen a friend lose it, tried hanging himself in his bedroom, kind of a comedy sketch as he nailed the rope to the ceiling and his dad was alerted by the loud bang where the rope gave way and he found him with the noose round his neck. he would sit in his room and smoke a large bowl of bong mix to himself, he would easily sit there and smoke an oz, spliff after spliff when doing pill sessions. shame as he was into his rugby, really gentle chap, never been the same since, really fucked him up, I guess some people are more prone to issues that become exasperated  when pushing the envelope too far.

Control is EVERYTHING. Like any drug, cocaine, weed, ecstasy, if you find yourself in a hole, doing it by yourself day and night, get help. I know if I smoke too much my thoughts can race wild and I start becoming a prick

• Like 1

I've been using weed for many years with the odd enforced break here and there.

Without it I am a sarcastic nasty impatient bastard who has little or no time for anyone...however...

The reverse is true once I've had my daily medication, apart from the sarcasm which after all

is an art form in itself...:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

apart from the sarcasm which after all

is an art form in itself...:rofl:

You cannot beat a bit of british sarcasm, was about the only thing i missed while living abroad......... and marmite 

Its probably all the other shit people are doing these days sending them nuts, coke just isnt coke anymore, full of rat poison and god knows what other shit

Edited by cypo74
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

who get the dreams back.

I find it weird when I hear people don't dream when smoking. I spent several decades smoking at least an ounce a week and still always dreamed. I sometimes struggled to remember them , but always did dream still. Now I'm 6 weeks into much more controlled use ( 1 chamber of the mighty 2/3 times a week) and I'm getting the full on cinematic dreams that are super entertaining but still seldom scary.

The weird thing is I've recently found out about aphantasia (the inability to make mental imagery), and was stunned to talk to people and find out that they make actual picture like images in their heads when imagining stuff.  It's taken me 50 years to realise that although I know what I am imagining in my head and that I can "picture" things in my head, I was shocked that others are able to see a photo like image, when I just "know" what I'm imagining. What threw me is that despite seemingly having aphantasia, I still dream as though I am looking through my eyes if you know what I mean.  The brain is a strange old thing isn't it.

Edited by monkeypig
spelling of course
  • Like 3

I have had a couple of m8 go abit ting tong on weed.

Though alot of them did have alot of acid too.

As  we all did .

Though if they have a toke it can tip them over the edge.

So they choose not too.

I have not problem when it comes to hash or weed.

Its when i am not toking then their is a problem.

My mind thinks to much shite so it helps slow things down.

I dont dream at all, though when i was in thailand back in the days i would not have any.

My dreams was wild.Like being in a hammer horror film most of the time.