Decarboxylation

burninit

Hi guys. Does any know of an odourless ways to decarboxylate your green. 

Cheers B

Put your bud in a killer jar and put the jar in the over. Burp the jar once or twice.

Edit. Kilner not killer

Edited by Shogun
Spelling
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shogun said:

put the jar in the oven. 

Don't worry about the rubber seal melting eh? lol   

I'd use an old pressure cooker (charity shops are your friend) for the decarb then just leave it to cool down naturally. Do not vent it while hot. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Don't worry about the rubber seal melting eh? lol   

There's no chance of the seal melting 😂 if your para about it do it longer and lower. Or alternatively use a jar without a seal. Kilner jars are designed to take heat, seals too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shogun said:

Kilner jars are designed to take heat, seals too.

If it was a problem, which it isn't, you can get silicone seals for Kilners which can take even higher temperatures.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

If it was a problem, which it isn't, you can get silicone seals for Kilners which can take even higher temperatures.

Exactly. Food grade rubber can be heated to over 100c and silicone up to 250c

• Like 1

I do mine in the oven in a roasting bag, doesn't completely keep the smell in but it lessens it a lot.

• Like 2

Ive currently got just over a zip in the oven in a Pyrex dish wrapped in turkey foil, i guess im lazy, i just lit a few nag champas lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

If you accidently stink your house out a quick fix is to burn some toast, you'd be surprised how effective it is.

• Like 1

I use a silicon box and wrap that in an oven bag tied tight at both ends.

It still stinks.

I'm currently cooking up some cheese and it's offensive

• Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 10:48, Shogun said:

There's no chance of the seal melting 😂 if your para about it do it longer and lower. Or alternatively use a jar without a seal. Kilner jars are designed to take heat, seals too.

Never heard of these before. 

So they won't be a big enough build up of heat to explode the jar? And no smell escapes. 

I like this idea. 👍

57 minutes ago, burninit said:

Never heard of these before. 

So they won't be a big enough build up of heat to explode the jar? And no smell escapes. 

I like this idea. 👍

Below is a quote from thier website. I've been using kilner jars for years to decarb, never had one break. I do burp them a few times through the process to release any pressure or moisture.

I've made vac chambers from them too, none have burst (i'm not recommending that though, at your own risk)

Kilner® storage is made from durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass which is freezer, oven and microwave safe. Not only is it a sustainable alternative to plastic but does not stain, absorb odours or harbour flavours and is easy to clean.

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Shogun said:

Below is a quote from thier website. I've been using kilner jars for years to decarb, never had one break. I do burp them a few times through the process to release any pressure or moisture.

I've made vac chambers from them too, none have burst (i'm not recommending that though, at your own risk)

Kilner® storage is made from durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass which is freezer, oven and microwave safe. Not only is it a sustainable alternative to plastic but does not stain, absorb odours or harbour flavours and is easy to clean.

Cheers for that bud. 

• Like 1