Used herb from Dry Herb Vape - good for cooking??

ItWasntMeHonestly

Just wondering (as I tip another bowl of toasty used herb into the bin from my vape) could this stuff actually be useful?

I vape at 165-180C and once I've finished the weed in the bowl is brown/green (not black or charred). I'm presuming that it still contains some terps (smells lovely and toasty). Do you think I could make something out of this to extract the last bits of 'goodness'? Would it have had enough time to deoxycarbolyse?

Just a thought.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Just now, ItWasntMeHonestly said:

Just wondering (as I tip another bowl of toasty used herb into the bin from my vape) could this stuff actually be useful?

I vape at 165-180C and once I've finished the weed in the bowl is brown/green (not black or charred). I'm presuming that it still contains some terps (smells lovely and toasty). Do you think I could make something out of this to extract the last bits of 'goodness'? Would it have had enough time to deoxycarbolyse?

Just a thought.

Any ideas?

You've already decarbed it by putting through the vape, just treat it the same as any other decarbed weed, personally I infuse tincture and coconut oil with it and I occasionally encapsulate it. 

You can just sprinkle it onto your food if you're so inclined, but the taste isn't that great.

• Like 5

I find it tastes horrible, either with/without water purging or whatever it's called. Seen comments regarding eating it mixed with peanut butter or sprinkled on food etc but I'm imagining it's people who eat their own earwax, it's rank. 

But is it useful? Bloody hell yes. Makes brilliant caps. A gift that keeps on giving. It's enough of a reason on its own to vape. 

• Like 4

I infuse it with coconut oil in my slow cooker for 3 hrs and then strain it through a 25 micron bubble bag. I also ad whatever spent sift material so it tastes a bit “weedier”

Once it’s set I eat 1 teaspoon dose from the jar each night for a good sleep.

:yep:

• Like 5

I made RSO from it and it wasn't enjoyable. Some folks love it but to me, it has lost its shine. 

• Like 2

Capsules are easiest, they won't be that strong as you vape at the same temps I do, you'd get a bit more decarb going on if you infused it. The infusion will taste shit though.

You could give it a little decarb in the oven before you capsule it or just take more capsules. I made 100 of the 000 caps the other week and it barely touched my avb (already vaped bud) jar. 2 of them makes me really nice and chilled, I haven't tried doing 3 or 4 yet, I'll give it a go on my next day off.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I made capsules and gave them to a friend for sleep, she's not really a smoker and wasnt keen as they made her feel 'funny', she gave them to someone else who broke them open and smoked it!

• Haha 2