UK seed source strain?

BlackFingerX

Hi guys

Just wondering where people get their seeds from.

Im a new grower and a bit overwhelmed with seed selection. It seems like everyone has jumped on the cross strain band wagon and so im struggling to see the wood from the trees atm.

Im looking for a tasty inexpensive feminised photo period from a reliable source that is easy to grow in a wardrobe and get me started.

Currently looking at these, a bit more than what I wanted to pay at the moment, due to me having no experience.

What you guys think?

Edited by lildaveham
Removed link
  • Like 1

You won't find many here with much good to say about Barney's farm.

Any of the site sponsors are tried and tested (the breeders with their own sub forums) some of them even give away seeds for free in exchange for people running diaries on them.

Spend enough time reading and poking around on here and you'll soon find all the answers to the questions you have. Threads like these aren't that uncommon and the good answers generally offer the same advice. You need to do the reading and decide for yourself.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the boards. A quick heads up first, your not aloud to post links like that here, it's a good idea to check the rules in the newcomers section. 

There's a lot of choice out there and unfortunately alot of charlatans out there as well. A lot of seed sellers now just buy seed from bulk breeders and re brand it, quite often with little to no relevance to the actual genetics. 

Luckily we have a few site sponsors that are for the most part pretty trustworthy, so I'd recommend you have a look through those. Real gorilla seeds are one I'd recommend highly, by that I mean their own strains (they sell all kinds of other breeders work as well). @panik is a nice bloke, he does good work and he is always happy to help with advice. Seedstockers are also very active on here support wise and offer a good range of decent genetics. 

There's also a few breeders who sell on this site. Have a look in the "store" section for those.. 

And last but not least we have "subbies seeds" basically when you subscribe to the site which gets you a few perks and helps pay for hosting etc you can choose a pack of seeds that have been created by various members on here and sent in. You won't find better genetics anywhere regardless of how much you pay. For the most part though they're all regular, so if you're a beginner or have limited growing space dealing with the males might be a downside. 

What sort of thing are you looking for? Flavour, type of high etc etc. if we know what sort of thing you like we can 

Cannabis is about searching for plants that you like, and that's a job. 99% of plants are the same, regardless of tempting name. Treat it like doing the lottery and price is no indication of quality. Real Gorilla seeds (Panik) are reasonably  priced. It won't hurt to start there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NezA said:

You won't find many here with much good to say about Barney's farm.

While i'm ones of those that love to make fun and post memes about them, their Blue Cheese and Weddding cake are bangers.

8 hours ago, BlackFingerX said:

Just wondering where people get their seeds from.

Sometimes the Subbies list has fems so that's something to keep an eye on, Don't be scared to try a strain because someone else said they didn't like it or the breeder (not aimed at you Neza mate, you was stating a fact), I've lost count how many strains i was told a strain was banging by others only for it to turn out to be a shitty plant or with hardly any to no trichomes at all, looking at you Sweet seeds, Seedstockers and Advanced seeds lol. and even tho i've had a crap experience with some don't mean i won't try their other genetics one day.

Like @catweazle1 said " Cannabis is about searching for plants that you like ", one strain someone else don't like might be something you love, not just from a taste aspect but effects too :yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1