Dynavap

Hi, I'd like to order a Dynavap and need a bit of advice if possible. Should I get the 2020 Phantom M or the M plus? Any essential spares/accessories, and any nice to have accessories? I'll start with a torch and see how I get one, good torch and gas recommendations welcome too! Many thanks:bong:

My honest advice coming from being a Dynavap M users since 2017, and now having the hind side i would just skip buying a Dynavap if you plan to toke it like a joint, Dynavap is great when attached to a bong, but if you want something to toke like a joint just buy a decent electric dry herb vaporizer :yep:

• Like 4

There's a big Dynavap thread in the vaporizer section that may be of some help here 

uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/410715-dynavap-owners-thread/ 

Always look for the "near zero impurities" label on the gas for jet flame lighters 

A wooden pokey stick will help your screens will last longer (always empty while it's hot) 

A magnet inside (or on top) of a tin works well as a stand/decapper/cooler 

My fav torches are the dual flame Honest BC 450-1 or a small kitchen creme brulee torch (which both kick out about the same amount of heat) - look for a big tank with a window and check the location of the flame adjust, when choosing a lighter and avoid anything that requires a screwdriver or pull out handle to adjust the flame. It's probably best to dump any gas inside (if it comes filled) and refill with quality gas from the start.  

Lots more in the other thread ...

• Like 3

Okay cheers, originally thinking of an electric one but kinda drawn to the simplicity of a Dynavap and not much to go wrong? Probably get both types to be honest...

Just now, Hippie on hill said:

There's a big Dynavap thread in the vaporizer section that may be of some help here 

uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/410715-dynavap-owners-thread/ 

Always look for the "near zero impurities" label on the gas for jet flame lighters 

A wooden pokey stick will help your screens will last longer (always empty while it's hot) 

A magnet inside (or on top) of a tin works well as a stand/decapper/cooler 

My fav torches are the dual flame Honest BC 450-1 or a small kitchen creme brulee torch (which both kick out about the same amount of heat) - look for a big tank with a window and check the location of the flame adjust, when choosing a lighter and avoid anything that requires a screwdriver or pull out handle to adjust the flame. It's probably best to dump any gas inside (if it comes filled) and refill with quality gas from the start.  

Lots more in the other thread ...

Cheers, had a scan through a lot of that thread. Not found much on the Phantom or the Plus, I presume they're very similar?

I don't have an M+ but 

The hole size and location on the stems are a little different, which you may have a preference over - a big hole is easier to find, more efficient and more adjustable imo - altho I'd swap that for a longer glass stem (with a carb hole) to be honest 

and they say the finless M+ tip heats up a little quicker than the Phantom tip - I dunno if that makes any difference in how long you get at temp, vapour production or the flavour tho

• Like 1

Ordeted the Phantom, much prefer the look of it over the Plus. I think the chamber is smaller too which will probably suit my light user needs better. Any advice on essential and nice to have accessories? Cleaning, maintenance and mouthpieces etc? Not really into big bongs and stuff but do have a little bubbler. See how I get on! Many thanks all:bong:

• Like 1
On 24/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, Military Grade said:

Arrived yet?

Hello, sorry for delay! Yes its arrived, what a great little device, will probably order a little spares pack and a glass piece, and maybe an adaptor of some sorts to go on my little bubbler if possible. Not a heavy user so the chamber size is plenty big enough. Its perfect for me so not sure I'll bother with an electronic vape to be honest!

Thanks again all!

• Like 2