Old itv report

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

I saw a report in YouTube, done some time ago ( not sure when)  by itv and named something like cannabis business in the UK.

There are two thoughts that I am still thinking abouta:

- Everyday 2 grow rooms/house/farms are busted in the country!

- The street strains and the home-grow strains are sometime the same.

The first give me a considerably discharge of stress, anxiety and depression, which is something I am trying to reduce exactly with 420. So ironically what I am trying to cure could be actually part of the stress itself.

I always thought that illegal farms of gangs or crime organisations are generally busted, when there is a considerable production, selling business and associated crime involved.

But it seems everyone is on the eyes, and this is remarkably sad. ( Considering lot of others countries where although illegal, some personal use if not fully permitted is at least not penalised).

The second thought is somehow of more concern to me.

I always thought there was somehow a clear differentiation line between illegal production and self-use production and passion.

Not just in ethos, philosophy, but also in genetics.

I would like to consider myself together with a patient with different medical issues also a connoisseur or gardener in love with every plant including cannabis. And I would assume that every genetic I will have, create, share, etc would circulate into a specific circle of people how share my same ethos.

Nevertheless if we see the street genetics produced by real criminal organisations and what is created with love and hard work, from time to time is the same.

Let's think about G- force,cheese,sweet cheese,blue cheese, blues/livers, phicodelia, stardawg ( maybe this last one is a different discussion).

Are not all these strain created with an ethos, but also escape from that hands and finished in route which we are not approving?

Is all our passion somehow cause of a dark side on this culture?

I really would like to have your thoughts on the two topics mentioned above.

Many thanks all

Amne

Growing your own isn't for everyone, I've had a few mates over the years who just couldn't relax into it and spent their whole first grow paranoid as fuck and then packed it in. If you truly are growing for just yourself then even if you get busted you probably won't get in any real trouble, people say the magic number is 6, keep to 6 or less plants and you'll pretty much just get a caution providing it's first offence. Things like keeping mums, breeding and having multiple tents can be seen as more advanced growing and can get you a bigger slap on the wrist. I know a few people who have been busted multiple times with way more than 6 plants and not gone to jail. If you're really worried then it's the 3 golden rules, no smell, no tell, no sell. The Police aren't completely stupid, they understand that if they bust a small personal opp all their doing is ruining someone's life and probably sending them back to buying from the big gangs, thus adding to the real problem. 

As for genetics slipping into the wrong hands that's the blame of prohibition itself IMO, no prohibition no wrong hands. By following your passion and growing for the right reasons your doing your bit to fight back against the criminal gangs. I guess it comes down to a will for validation or financial gain, if you find/create some incredible genetics then it would be incredibly easy to ensure it stays away from the bad guys, but it wouldn't involve any glory/money. 

• Like 7

15 years ago the news section on here was constantly full of articles about people getting busted. Same with the local papers. Hysterical reefer madness stuff in every article.

Every year the chief officers of every police force in the UK meet to discuss policy, a few years back they agreed that targetting small growers is completely pointless and some forces made it policy to not do so.

Things have got better since then. Grows that get busted are low hanging fruit. People making silly mistakes. Be careful and keep your mouth shut and you will be alright.

The distinction between street strains and home grown strains is absolute nonsense. Once you put something out there it isn't yours anymore. People can do what they like with it.

I know its not the thing to discuss dealers on here but thats more to protect the site than anything else. I like the famous Martin Luther King quote and have always made it part of my own personal philosophy.

“One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Edited by Strawberry Fields
  • Like 12

28 minutes ago, Strawberry Fields said:

“One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Love the quote!!

• Like 2

Just now, Slippy One said:

I gave up on laws ever changing. 

The law changing seriously won't make one jot of difference to the way I carry on about my business.

• Like 4

1st thought 

Police have to act on information 

2nd thought 

Codswalop no such thing as street strains/home strains it's the way it is grown 

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 22:28, kc stoner said:

1st thought 

Police have to act on information 

Only if it's supplied by two separate sources, I was told.