Graphics card for...

porky

Asus crosshair socket am2, my pc packed up a few years back and I'm fairly sure its the graphics card, I haven't a clue what cards are still available, rather fix than buy another so anyone know what will work ?

TIA.

• Like 1

That’s a pretty ancient system mate, it has a PCIe x16 slot but its anyones guess with what cards it’ll support. 

You’d need to find a card around the same era, used on ebay. Assuming you have a 1080p monitor its just not worth it.

I’d ditch it and look at new budget options - a mini PC would be good if you’re not playing games. 

• Like 3

Go on gumtree and buy a second hand upgrade, AM2 is very old that you will have too many compatibility issues with hardware and software nowdays.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Thanks, the computer shop said the same, card is a geforce gt220 ddr2 1gb. 

Seems a waste to dump it all for a graphics card.

Its an antec p180 case, is there any reason I can't take out the crosshair, fx62 and ram to replace them with more upto date equivalent ? 

General surfing, make a web page to help get more work, accounts, invoices estimates everything you can't do on a phone.

I got 3 hdd windows xp, linux mint and one for backing up everything, they haven't been fired up for about 6 years so hope they still work.

If you search for Beelink EQ12 on Amazon, you’ll find a Intel N100 based mini pc with 16gb ddr5 ram and a 500gb ssd.

When you look at the price - £200, it kinda puts into perspective how expensive old used parts are.

With a SATA to USB adapter, you could take out your old hard drives, connect them to the USB and copy the contents over.

Edited by Smokey McBongface