Mixing strains after curing ?

JimmyPage

MrsJP and I's habit of toking has generally been to keep each grow separate after curing. Eventually ending up in a big kilner jar per strain.

We had a long run of White Widow before a series of freebies alerted us to C99 - which has been our strain ever since.

However we have had the odd freebie still and are currently using up some "Giga" (which is what the piece of paper in the jar said. This must be pre 2019).

However it's a little greeny harsh. Possibly needed a touch more curing.

Rather than struggling with it, what's the UK420 view of mixing it in with another ground strain to make a blend ?

And on a wider note, do folk keep their bud in separate jars once cured ? Or do you just throw them together and naturally mix them ? 

• Like 2

I'd never intentionally mix them in jars myself but sometimes a cocktail is nice, especially if you have something you're not that keen on, be it the stone or flavour. It's something I should try more often really but ive always been one for having things on their own. Then I realised some blended wines are nice, Singapore chow mein or a mixed meat curry so why not mix up the weeds. 

• Like 4

I don't like the hit from really strong weed, it makes me too paranoid and it's not an enjoyable experience so when my latest run came out potent as hell, I'm glad I had some of a lesser strength strain to mix with it

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 3

I wouldn't mix strains in jars, I do sometimes throw a couple of strains in the vape together but I know what they are. You can also take the edge off racey sativas by adding a bit of indica or cbd bud, but I like that whoosh so wouldn't be my choice. When I was smoking I always loved a spliff with a good sprinkling of home made hash though.

If you have one your not fussed on make it into hash or butter to cook with, don't be tainting good green with bad would be my advice. 

:bong:

• Like 3

I always do a tombola jar. Admittedly it’s not nice prime buds or owt. But I’ll demolish the brash n shit before I fully commit to smoking the good stuff. I never used to understand how folk can look at weed and guess/know what it is. After months of looking at them it’s difficult not to. Mixed up you’ll still know what’s what after a look n a whiff …

• Like 2

I prefer a blend, Monday to Saturday I vape a different plants bud on Sunday I have the left over pre ground bud.I sleep well Sunday nights.

• Like 1

This is taking herbal cannabis into the realms of whisky. Blended v's Single Malt. Is one better than the other?

I quite like a High Commissioner & a Mr Tom's. But that's just me.

Edited by Lux_Interior
commissioner is hard to spell
  • Like 1

I tend to keep a strict one strain per kilner so i can cure & assess it when i think its ready.

However as i cant  / dont smoke now i do tend to place the lowers into a single tub and cure , this way i get a broad spectrum and mix thats perfect for cooking.

Each to their own and many folk blend for smokes.       Either way enjot iy :yep:

• Like 1