“They just didn’t care” – cannabis patient arrested on driving lesson speaks out

Simple Jack

Yes, from what I understand though, they cant even measure the amount of THC in the blood as accurately as that. That's what a bunch of guys from Canada said, I guess they could have been full of it.

I know WE all know it doesn't represent impairment, but that does not appear to be their intent.  Their intent is to say "You shouldn't have any in your blood its illegal you junkie scum! You can't drive because you like drugs".  It's not because it has impaired your driving in reality.  They could similarly confiscate your passport, which is another gift they still have on the backburner.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

They just don't care. Depressing that the most serious attempt to address the subject is a piece of pop journalism from 21 years ago.

• Like 3

I never drive impaired but do use most days medicinally but without a prescription. Having read around on this, I would very politely refuse the swab and/or blood tests informing them that I was using a high quantity of a legal CBD product that I was concerned would cause a positive test despite not being impaired in the slightest. I'd ask for alternative impairment checks - which I don't think they do. I'd then look to get a legal script as soon after that as possible (which I easily qualify for but am too stubborn to pay for currently) if they banned me after all of that, I'd challenge it and complain and go public. But I reiterate, I never drive impaired always leaving a sensible long gap after any use before getting behind the wheel.  This current system is so shit I think it almost deters waiting to be unimpaired to drive. Imagine being done for drink driving on a Wednesday after not drinking since Saturday night.  

• Like 4

When i was inside for weed it was usaly 30 days it was still in your system.

Some cons would drink loads of water and pass the test.Though it was a piss test and not a swab test.