Anyone tried to replace a Mighty/Crafty battery?

Slippy One

Hi, anyone ever tried this?

My Crafty is at nearly 700hrs, and the Mighty would be double that. Both have become a tad lackluster in sessions. Notice the Crafty takes longer to warm up than usual. 

I saw a factory repair that was £75 a few years ago, now it's 200 Euro, which is essentially a massive fuck you for a battery that's less than £10. Love both machines but wouldn't want to wreck them. 

Haven’t done it myself but I have seen on the old fuckcombustion site, when looking to try and self fix a crafty I was gifted, that it is very much doable if you are a confident soldering iron artist as the batteries are the ones with metal tabs on the positive end that are soldered to the circuit. I am not even slightly confident with electrics or soldering irons being more the hit it with a hammer and coat in gaffer tape type so I left it alone. 

• Like 2