The Government Were Advised To Decriminalise Drug Possession In 2016 (no surprise they ignored it)

MidgeSmith

34 minutes ago, Clean Green said:

Harm maximisation is what they want. Same as COVID lockdowns and the fact that a low income family with an old diesel car have to pay ULEZ charges, whilst a millionaire who just bought at 5.8l V12 Ferrari doesn't.  Attack the poor and disabled and keep their health and wellbeing suppressed.  That's what the Tories do, along with lots of hand shaking, back slapping and shady deals to make much money as they can.  As soon as you realise that they're the criminals and among  most socially and financially corrupt organisations in the country, the easier it is to break free from their bullshit and live life as you wish to.  They're not going to come and give you it back, so take it now and live it. 

I guess that sums up most folks here well.

I find the public deception and lack of action from scientific recommendations very creepy and reinforces my view that government is simply a tool some folks use to enable corruption and cash generation for themselves and friends. 

• Like 7

Totally.  It's amazing that apparently the government managed to chuck 45 billion or thereabouts to each other, to their friends and companies they have shares in during the COVID crisis - for PPE etc that didnt work or wasnt delivered and to fraudulent companies and are now unprepared to rake it back.  It seems they can't find 1 billion to bail out the biggest council in the UK when it has a deficit, having followed their guidelines and been sued to death over equal pay failures. Somehow, that's because it is a Labour council?  My arse! 

If it was Bob Smith who claimed too much job seekers, or god forbid an assylum seeker, they'd be on them like white on rice over £50!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not voting for any party that doesn’t advocate for Parliamentary reform. The system is antiquated, open to abuse (obviously) and doesn’t work for the people anymore. I’m sick to death of them telling unions their workforces must modernise when they can lie like fuck in the Houses of Parliament and when called a liar by an opponent, the MP calling out the liar gets disciplined :wallbash:
Nothing will change until those in Westminster are accountable and work for the folk that vote for them. The current system is so rigged in favour of corporations, the last thing we want them to do is legalise weed. 

Lib Dem’s and the Greens both have cannabis ‘legalisation’ in their policies and iirc will change the voting system to proportional representation, I’m not cheerleading for them by the way. Personally, I think you have to vote for whoever can get the Tories out :yep:

• Like 2

I agree with you.  Though Labour can get the Tories out, will they be different enough to bother?  Starmer is Trilateral Commission aligned and as such has obviously made promises to the corporations and super wealthy that he wont tax them any harder if elected.  The situation is impossible.  Most of the Labour party voted in favour of Proportional Representation at the last conference and Starmer's reply was "It's not a priority" and subsequently "no plans to change the voting system". Starmer is well bought.

The Lib Dems are a duplicitous bunch of Orange Tories and lord know what they'd really do if they got into power, though they'd definitely try to implement PR.  I think the greens stand as much chance of gaining power as I do of growing a monster marrow in my fridge, but I'd love to see what they'd do.

• Like 1

It's a choice between tories in blue ties, tories in red ties or tories in orange ties :sadwalk:  And Starmer has shown that he has utter disdain for any kind of democratic political process with his clearing out of anything remaining of the left from the Labour party, in part with the continuation of the use of weaponised 'antisemitism' claims. I think he may be one of the most dangeous of all the cunts, the tories are venal and stupid, Starmer isn't stupid.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Boojum said:

It's a choice between tories in blue ties, tories in red ties or tories in orange ties :sadwalk:  And Starmer has shown that he has utter disdain for any kind of democratic political process with his clearing out of anything remaining of the left from the Labour party, in part with the continuation of the use of weaponised 'antisemitism' claims. I think he may be one of the most dangeous of all the cunts, the tories are venal and stupid, Starmer isn't stupid.

Like I say Booj, the system is not fit for purpose and is rigged for overwhelming influence by large corporations. Labour doesn’t even give a fuck about union support any more, they won’t even repeal any of the Dickensian anti union legislation being proposed by the Tories.

Best we can hope for is a hung parliament with a lib/lab coalition :D

• Like 2