Mighty+ Users Who Vape At Multiple Temperatures

MidgeSmith

Continued / moved from another thread to avoid hijacking.

I have an Arizer Extreme Q and a Mighty+ vapouriser. I bought the latter as I got sick of lugging the Arizer around to friends houses, but I still use both.

Although I sometimes vape at 196+ until the vapour runs out too, because it is the closest to smoking that you get with vaping, I mainly vape at three temperatures, typically 175C, 186C and 197C or thereabouts. I like getting a lovely load of flavour with the thinner THC high, then a beefier, woody effect with the rest of the flavour at a middle temperature and then the go to sleep fraction with a nice throat hit for satisfaction at 197C.

I have always done this with my Arizer and filled ballons with tasty vapour, using most of what the herb contains with those three takes.  I had assumed that the Mighty+ would give me a similar level of control, but my early experiments haven't shown that it does.  I have a working theory as to why. I think it may be because the Arizer is convection only, whereas the Mighty+ is conduction and convection.

So perhaps the Mighty+ temperatures are actually hotter than the Arizer's temperatures at the same reading, because with the convection only approach, the temperature at the tip of the heating element will be higher than the temperature of the air actually reaching the herb. This would explain why with the Arizer set to 175C I get 4 or 5 very productive pulls and then there is almost nothing left, even at 200C, which is a very different experience.

I was asked who would bother with a "giant machine you can only chog near a wall outlet, when we have the mighty and crafty pluses?" I know there are quite a few people who enjoy this for a variety of reasons, like I do. I haven't had the opportunity to experiment yet, but I guess I will begin tonight!

Mains powered doesn't mean better than battery powered.  The Mighty+ is an exquisite machine with few flaws and the Arizer is too in its own delightfully clunky way :).  Each type of device have their pros and cons.

I am hoping that I can use the Mighty+ in a similar way to the Arizer if I do so at lower temperatures, say 150C, 165C and 180C instead of the Arizers 175C, 186C and 197C.

Does anyone out there do this with a Mighty+, perhaps having had experience with a desktop vape that is based on convection like the Arizer, or maybe even the Volcano and have some advice to offer?

Please and thank you :smokin:

• Like 2

I tend to use the original might at 185 then use the boost function to raise temp sometimes up to 210. I do similar with the volcano digit start at 185 then 195 finishing around 210. I also use my mighty mainly inverted which if you don’t use the capsules is a bit less conduction that way as upside down . I tend to use capsules though as I like the hybrid conduction and convection hit personally. I also use minivap quite a bit which is predominantly convection and does a much wider temperature range which I like. 
try the mighty upside down with a water device and you can get more air draw I find than just the usual lid mouthpiece. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

I tend to use the original might at 185 then use the boost function to raise temp sometimes up to 210. I do similar with the volcano digit start at 185 then 195 finishing around 210. I also use my mighty mainly inverted which if you don’t use the capsules is a bit less conduction that way as upside down . I tend to use capsules though as I like the hybrid conduction and convection hit personally. I also use minivap quite a bit which is predominantly convection and does a much wider temperature range which I like. 
try the mighty upside down with a water device and you can get more air draw I find than just the usual lid mouthpiece. :oldtoker:

Thanks @Arthur Mix that is really helpful.  I noticed that Slippy had his crafty upside down to use in a bubbler.  That makes a lot of sense in terms of reducing contact and slowing the heat and gives some credibility to my theory :)

I use the capsules to.  I like the dose that gives and the hit is good too.  When I am away from home I am usually stealing moments to use my vape while the kids are nearby but in bed, so it suits me that it has a good solid action and hit. 

I reckon I might try going much lower with it the normal way up and see if that gives me a more familiar fraction when I want it to do that :)

Is there somewhere that you'd recommend for S & B compatible glass?

• Like 1

All my glass was from Dhgate years ago. I got the mighty adapter from vapefiend. He does baller type glass spheres that look ok , tempted myself tbh. IRC there’s a 14 and 18mm adapter 

• Like 1

I vape a few temperatures usually with my mighty+, I start low at 168c/170c then get upto 180c, by this time the capsule is done. If i'm out I might crank up to 200c see if I can anything out of it (if I haven't got any spare capsules with me). It lasts me a good while, certainly not 4/5 tokes. I run similar temps in the Volcano if I'm not using hash, if there's hash in there then I'll go up to 200c.

Keep that cooling unit nice and clean too, I find it does need doing quite often even though I use capsules. I watched a video online how to take it apart, it only takes a minute, then a soak in iso for about 20 mins and it's just like new.

• Like 1

Thanks both, good ideas.

I will check them out @Arthur Mix thanks :)

Interesting @KC yes I will be due a clean shortly, I've plenty of ISO, so not a problem. The fact yours is lasting longer than mine with the same capsule suggests to me that mine is running a little hot.  I'm going to try starting at 160C and working up to 190 in - whatever intervals seem to work - and see what happens.

I didn't have the same issue in the volcano, so I am assuming the heat is a bit off.  It's all good.

Cheers fellas!

• Like 1