Illegal cannabis dispensaries shut down in Phuket

Simple Jack

Illegal cannabis dispensaries shut down in Phuket

Thirteen cannabis dispensaries in Phuket have been shut down by authorities after they were found to be operating without a licence, according to the province's Public Health Office yesterday.

According to the office's chief physician, Kusak Kukiattikoon, there are 1,701 registered cannabis-related businesses on the island, of which 1,451 are dispensaries. Out of the 1,451 shops, 502 are located in Kathu district, 222 in Thalang district, while the rest are located in Muang Phuket district.

To date, he said, the office has revoked the licences of 250 shops over various violations of the Thai Traditional Medical Professions Act.

To ensure these businesses comply with the law, Dr Kusak said officials from the province's Public Health Office and local administrative offices carry out weekly, random inspections.

Local officials have also been told to help businesses familiarise themselves with cannabis-related laws and operating requirements, he said.

A dispensary which violates the rules will have its licence suspended for 30 days, but repeat violations will result in the revocation of said licence, Dr Kusak warned, adding those who sell cannabis without a licence face up to a year in prison and/or a 20,000-baht fine.

In related news, police have arrested a foreigner who uploaded a video online of himself promoting his dispensary in the US while pumping cannabis smoke along Soi Bangla in tambon Patong on Friday, said Pol Col Sujit Ninbodi, Patong Police Station superintendent.

The man was identified only as Angkhan, 55, a US citizen. Police gave him a warning. The police said he expressed regret for his actions, saying he did not realise what he did was against the law. He left the island on Saturday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2633399/illegal-cannabis-dispensaries-shut-down-in-phuket

The twats are making this easy for the new government to make radical changes to Thailand's cannabis scene ..

From what I see and been  told.. it stinks everywhere in the tourist areas ...yet Thai anti smoking laws should stop it...tourist openly smoking weed in public is not good ...this wasn't supposed  to be  how the thai legalization was to work ....

Yet up here in Surin Provence  you never smell it on the streets,because we get no tourist .

I fuckin hate seeing tourist in this country taking liberties with the people and the laws...when I used to pull people up about there behaviour I would be told "ah the Thais don't mind .Thailand's cool they don't care "

Oh yes they feckin do and normal Thais look at tourist areas and think wtf..and there is a growing dislike of western tourist and there behaviours.

As for shops it's saturated even up here but  that will take care of its self .only the best will survive  and the crap and illegal stores will shut ...right that's my moan for today time for a doobie,cup of cha then bed .

Have a good one folks .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sing99 said:

this wasn't supposed  to be  how the thai legalization was to work ....

Really? How should it work then? 

2 hours ago, sing99 said:

I fuckin hate seeing tourist in this country taking liberties with the people and the laws...when I used to pull people up about there behaviour I would be told "ah the Thais don't mind .Thailand's cool they don't care "

Are you speaking as a Thai national or a British Expat? If it's the latter then you should probably shut the fuck up. lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

Really? How should it work then? 

Are you speaking as a Thai national or a British Expat? If it's the latter then you should probably shut the fuck up. lol  

Why should the locals smell smoke all the time. It is only courtesy, like with cigarettes. Legalization doesn't mean 'free for all'.

• Like 1

Outside is the only place you can smoke in a lot of countries, UK included. There's no way it's only tourists smoking outside if the smoking laws aren't being enforced, perhaps Thai police aren't interested in low hanging fruit or damaging what must be a real boost to the economy. Complaining about the smell of weed on a cannabis site seems a bit contradictory.

If you try to take that away from people then what liberty is next?

Edited to add - I'd love to smoke outside here without being arrested, just saying. lol   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

HiThe legalization was not about smoking openly on the streets or even in the shops..it was for the individuals on there own private property only ..

So toking up in the street,beach or  anywhere else out in public was supposed to be a no go .

You'd be right about plod at this point in  time they are not interested  or being told not  bother to much about it ...yet speak to Thais  and they are very unhappy that it looks like the laws are being ignored again by tourist .

I'm speaking as an expat that lives within the Thai community not as an expat in tourist town ..

I've stopped pulling up people about there behaviours ,because your right it's not my place ,but it is fucking embarrassing the shit you see tourist getting up to and the attitude that ...I'm in Thailand and none cares ....they couldn't be futher from the truth.

I've only been back 2 weeks and I've never seen a local toke up in public yet almost every night on the news thers  something about  dick head tourist ..

Ok that's breakfast on

Have a good one 

• Like 5

There's footage online of a fuckwit American with what looks like a dry ice machine ,but apparently  it a pot gun walking down soi Bangla on patong beach bellowing pot smoke everywhere, not giving a fuck about anyone ...he got nicked by plod,so someone reported him ,presume it was a Thai  but got off by saying he didn't know it was wrong ..arsehole..and the arsehole plod Lett him off .

Apparently he was advertising his own pot shop out by the airport ...

This kind of shit boils my piss, ignorance is no excuse.

If your gonna come over here to smoke pot  check the laws and respect those laws .

Edited by sing99
Fat thumbs spelling
  • Like 3

lol Potheads moaning about folks being potheads lol 

Would you tell someone to stop smoking outdoors in the U.K.? 

Would you tell them that they should be respecting the law and not growing cannabis in the U.K.?

Did you partake in smoking cannabis in Thailand before it was made legit?

:skin_up:

• Like 3

I see that as very different.

Someone toking in the street in the UK ,well that's up to them ,they know the laws and have chosen to ignore them .more full them .

I grow at home and have a buddy that does to,but we choose to ignore the UK law but also accepting if get get caught then that's our fault and that could mean criminal record or even time in the tin pale .that's our choice and we accept the consequences.

So grow if  you want but don't greet about it if you get caught .you know the law .

Yes I have toked up here in Thailand before it was legit only ever in my bungalow  room or on the hotel balcony at night ..once I got my own place up here .only ever indoors at night ....I did try to respect the law here in my own mind loltokers logic 

Now it's legit  here ,I smoke on my front porch  with tunes on  my nearest neighbor is a football size pitch away .when my brother in law come round we toke on the back porch ...as he doesn't want local plod or anyone else seeing him do it ,yet all the family knows he smokes ...up to him. 

My neighbour doesn't care .

The problem here is that the tourist don't give a hoot about the laws ...that could very well come back to bite them on the ass or minimum taken to the ATM machine by plod and rinsed .

Hope this ain't gonna turn into a Sunday shitfest lol I aint got the time or the inclination .

Have a good one .

Edited by sing99
Fat thumbs spelling
  • Like 5

Just now, sing99 said:

Someone toking in the street in the UK ,well that's up to them ,they know the laws and have chosen to ignore them .more full them .

The irony...:wallbash:

• Like 2

There's footage online of a fuckwit American with what looks like a dry ice machine ,

one twat spoiling it for  everybody

The impetus for these rigorous enforcement actions came from a widely circulated video clip. The video showcased an American tourist openly smoking cannabis on Patong Road, as a promotional stunt for his Weed shop in the United States.

While intended to promote his business, this audacious act inadvertently exposed regulatory breaches within Phuket’s Weed trade. The blatant violation of Thai laws ignited a prompt and decisive response from local authorities.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/illegal-cannabis-dispensaries-in-phuket-shut-down/

• Like 2