Korda and dropping leads

catweazle1

Do you think Mr Fairbrass and crew have been taking the piss, exhorting for years, in the name of "fish safety" to drop the lead every time, but really it was for commercial reasons to sell leads? Now that they have established themselves on this con, they can now tell us it harms the water in the long term. I always thought it was stupid when the risk of snagging wasn't there. I did comply though  with drop-off inline setups.. I'm interested to know what song my old carp club members are singing now... Been watching a few current "Monster Carp", and this seems to be their new mantra. Are most carpers just dedicated followers of fashion, listening only to the latest trendy carping icons? I've been fishing on and off since 1969, carping since 2003.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Do you think Mr Fairbrass and crew have been taking the piss, exhorting for years, in the name of "fish safety" to drop the lead every time, but really it was for commercial reasons to sell leads? Now that they have established themselves on this con, they can now tell us it harms the water in the long term. I always thought it was stupid when the risk of snagging wasn't there. I did comply though  with drop-off inline setups.. I'm interested to know what song my old carp club members are singing now... Been watching a few current "Monster Carp", and this seems to be their new mantra. Are most carpers just dedicated followers of fashion, listening only to the latest trendy carping icons? I've been fishing on and off since 1969, carping since 2003.

yeah i think lead dropping is a con! how that little lead gonna pick up more weed than the carp does :)!

“heli safes” aint that safe either mate 

• Like 1

This is why I always preferred solar tackle bolt beads ... Effectively a John Roberts running ring that sits over a barrel shaped bead , semi fixed but you only drop the lead on a break and you have the option to fish a running ring without changing end tackle.

Can't believe I spent 25 years chucking boilies at fat goldfish.... Danny fairbrass has always come across like a massive cunt to me anyway.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 2

There's a time and a place IMO.....I'm currently sat on a low stocked small lake which is currently 75% covered with Canadian and if the lead doesn't come off on a take I'll be weeded up solid for sure. Any other time / place and I'm either running inline or running rigs.

On the point of DF, I used think he was totally taking the piss and ripping everyone off but at the end of the day he is trying to run a business and since his health scare I've definitely noticed a less "rip off piss take" approached to a more considered (Basix range) and all his efforts with charities etc. I think the Korda team are a great bunch and was sorry to see Ali go, at the same time I wish him well with OTC

• Like 1

I remember Korda starting out and genuinely producing decent leads when there was very little available. Then few years later they pushed carp fishing down a certain path and  I wasn’t interested. If you try talk to most carp anglers these days they seem to think Danny invented carp fishing. I brought Savay up in a conversation with someone who’s caught lots of big carp 40’s, 50’s. Never heard of it. :russian:

I saw Danny at a show in longleat fishing a little pond with his 13ft 4lb rods and kids lapping up every word as he was showing them his new super duper £10 a pack consumable. When what they should have been learning was how they would catch very quickly with some free-lined bread flake. 
You see in his videos if he’s not casting to a dinner plate at 100+ yards he’s completely lost! 

• 4 weeks later...

He started off in a shed just up the rd to my mrs, the chavs off the estate sold him lead they "found" lol iv watched his progress from the start, imo, hes not botherd about anything other than selling his beads and clips round the world, fooking £5 for link swivels? Wtf? lol

DJ....