Scheme to curb cannabis fumes could be rolled out across Lincolnshire

Simple Jack

Scheme to curb cannabis fumes could be rolled out across Lincolnshire

A scheme to reduce fumes from people smoking cannabis may soon be implemented across Lincolnshire.

The Noxious Odour Pilot was initiated in the Boston area in March and has received up to three reports each week.

Officials said they planned to expand the scheme across the entire county by autumn.

They said anti-social smoking was underreported and they wanted to change that "by helping as many people as possible".

The scheme, run by the South and East Lincolnshire Community Safety Partnership, initially offered advice letters and escalated to Community Protection Notices in more serious cases.

Peter Hunn, community safety manager for East Lindsey District Council and Boston Borough Council, said: "We received feedback from residents in most areas about drug-related smoke from private properties causing a nuisance.

"However, when they reported it to landlords, housing associations, or the police, they found no one was addressing it."

Mr Hunn encouraged anyone being affected by cannabis fumes to report it to their local district council or housing association.

"If you are troubled by anti-social behaviour of any type, whether its noise or noxious smells there are people out there that can advise and help you," he said.

"We believe that anti-social smoking is underreported and we want to change that by helping as many people as we can," he added.

The Boston pilot is set to continue for another three months, after which it would be evaluated, the Local Democracy Reporting Service said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-65986060

44 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

The Noxious Odour Pilot was initiated in the Boston area in March and has received up to three reports each week.

Where one of the last remaining high pressure creosote plants is located. Right in town too. The whole place reeks of it and the smell of weed would surely be a blessed relief to anyone living there.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

The Noxious Odour Pilot

Locally known as 'Grass on Grass'...WALOB!! :soap:

• Like 6

The neighbours of the probably same 3 people a week complaining , need to bite the bullet and fork out some cash to have a nice large quantity of fresh uncomposted manure delivered into their garden (not the neighbours garden, that would be silly and illegal)

• Like 4

Quite the opposite where I live. I work for a local authority. The police in my area have been telling the caretakers of all the high rises to stop reporting the smell and to tell all the tenants to stop reporting the smell. Too many doors put in and too many arrests that end up wasting police time or resulting in a measly £70 possession fine when it costs the police and the council thousands.

• Like 7

But it's OK to put up with the smell of stale alcohol, dog shit, perfume stores, breweries, distilleries and burning petrol. It's funny how people choose their priorities. I have to say, I absolutely love the smell of weed, all weed/hash etc. It takes me to a happy place and has helped to forge friendships over the years, following my nose to the souce and all lol

• Like 9

I'd guess with the amount of pig farms in Lincolnshire the whiff of a spliff would be the least noticeable smell...

• Like 7

I will however also add, it does piss me right off when people smoke it in enclosed public spaces such as buses and actually even town centers, around other people that dont partake, but when it comes down to private residencies and it being an unintentional side affect, piss off, I love a good curry, but i'm not so keen on it when good old Mrs.Kaur stinks up the whole street with it cooking, i'm however not going to try and report or criminalise the family and household for something that is a minor inconvenience to my nose, even less so if Mrs.Kaur occasionally is kind enough to share....

• Like 8

is it REALLY a problem ? bet they had like 2 reports

oh just re-read it, they had 'up to 3 reports [each week]' betting they had 3 reports TOTAL. 1 was a duplicate. over a 2 week period...

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

I wish someone would roll out a scheme to curb the stench of noxious odours such as too much Lynx Africa, aftershave & perfume and all the stinking chemical nonsense that people douse themselves in nowadays, the smell of shit like that makes me want to puke :puke:

• Like 3

We always get Karens on the local area FB group bitching and moaning about weed smells, I always tell them to speak to the neighbours politely if you've got a problem, rather than air it on FB and get nowhere at all. I also explain that most stoners are nice, polite people and will probably try and be helpful. Usually they're the same people who moan about bonfires in October and Fireworks in November, or ask everyone why there is a police helicopter flying over. Small-minded petty middle Englanders with fuck all else to do.

• Like 4