I smoked cannabis but ‘didn’t get very high’, says Michael Gove

Simple Jack

Michael Gove has admitted smoking cannabis while he was a student – but insisted that he not get “very high” because the drug was weaker in the 1980s.

The cabinet minister claimed public no longer had any “fierce interest” in politicians’ history of taking drugs, as he revealed his fears about the strength of illegal substances today.

Asked if he took drugs while at Oxford university, Mr Gove told a Times Radio podcast: “Yes, I did”, saying they were a “feature of the student experience for a lot of people”.

The communities secretary said: “Without wanting to get too much into the policy of it, I think that the type of cannabis, marijuana that is available now will often have a far higher THC content a far higher capacity to cause harm.”

Asked whether he was saying that he “didn’t get very high” at university, Mr Gove replied: “No.”

The cabinet minister went on to share his concerns about cannabis. “The other thing also is that I think that the evidence about the link between smoking too much, or ingesting cannabinoids too heavily, and mental illness and psychosis and so on, is more pronounced,” he said.

Mr Gove has admitted taking cocaine on several occasions in the past, saying he regretted those experiences after details emerged in a biography of the senior Tory.

“I did take drugs. It is something I deeply regret. Drugs damage lives. They are dangerous and it was a mistake,” he told the Daily Mail.

The levelling up secretary announced in March that Rishi Sunak’s government would ban the sale of nitrous oxide, also known as “hippy crack”, to stop public places being turned into drug-taking “arenas”.

Asked in March if he was being “hypocritical” to warn of the dangers of drugs, Mr Gove said: “No. It’s because I’ve learnt that it’s a mistake – worse than a mistake – to regard drug-taking as somehow acceptable.”

In 2021, the then-policing minister Kit Malthouse said he would be “surprised” if there were not users of illegal drugs in parliament after the probe found traces of the class A substance in 11 out of 12 locations tested in parliament.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-smoke-cannabis-cocaine-b2364805.html

Hmmm ... Smoked and didn't get very high .... Has to have been smoking some of the Gov's own produced gear then ! ??  lol  :yep: 

Should have got SUBBIES Beans instead and grown your own just like us lot :george:               

• Like 3

Guess that's why cocaine was his drug of choice - each to their own :wanker:

• Like 2

wont put the video here but a search for "michael Gove coked out his nut or just drunk" proves  how he's always straight at work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

I smoked cannabis but 'didn't inhale', says an absolute wanker...:wassnnme::wanker::fart:

• Like 2

didn’t go on about coke being stronger? nobody ever has a bad thing to say about cocaine, but non toxic weed..ohh the devils lettuce! 

sooo much more dangerous than every other drug?..

*it’s non toxic! (you can’t die from useing it) 

*the rates of psychosis actually went down when the use of weed went up lol 

*right now the government and cronies are making billions from its medical monopoly on cannabis

he’s a mouth prick for hire, give him money and he will say what you want him to say- that’s his job lol  ‘to lie’ 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

Michael Gove has admitted smoking cannabis while he was a student – but insisted that he not get “very high” because the drug was weaker in the 1980s.

The cabinet minister claimed public no longer had any “fierce interest” in politicians’ history of taking drugs, as he revealed his fears about the strength of illegal substances today.

Asked if he took drugs while at Oxford university, Mr Gove told a Times Radio podcast: “Yes, I did”, saying they were a “feature of the student experience for a lot of people”.

The communities secretary said: “Without wanting to get too much into the policy of it, I think that the type of cannabis, marijuana that is available now will often have a far higher THC content a far higher capacity to cause harm.”

Asked whether he was saying that he “didn’t get very high” at university, Mr Gove replied: “No.”

The cabinet minister went on to share his concerns about cannabis. “The other thing also is that I think that the evidence about the link between smoking too much, or ingesting cannabinoids too heavily, and mental illness and psychosis and so on, is more pronounced,” he said.

Mr Gove has admitted taking cocaine on several occasions in the past, saying he regretted those experiences after details emerged in a biography of the senior Tory.

“I did take drugs. It is something I deeply regret. Drugs damage lives. They are dangerous and it was a mistake,” he told the Daily Mail.

The levelling up secretary announced in March that Rishi Sunak’s government would ban the sale of nitrous oxide, also known as “hippy crack”, to stop public places being turned into drug-taking “arenas”.

Asked in March if he was being “hypocritical” to warn of the dangers of drugs, Mr Gove said: “No. It’s because I’ve learnt that it’s a mistake – worse than a mistake – to regard drug-taking as somehow acceptable.”

In 2021, the then-policing minister Kit Malthouse said he would be “surprised” if there were not users of illegal drugs in parliament after the probe found traces of the class A substance in 11 out of 12 locations tested in parliament.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-smoke-cannabis-cocaine-b2364805.html

Well he wouldn’t being as he’s a first class piece of the worst kind of shit ever to trod the planet

Edited by NotGoingGoa

I mean, i will say fair play to the bloke for admitting to using "illegal substances" , there aren't many that will even do that, however...the probable reason he "didn't get very high" is likely down to the fact that he was also bunging the ole' Colombian marching powder up his nose......oddly enough, they are two entirely different beasts... sort of why (and i don't even support the classifications but hey) The coke is class A, and the Canna is class B..... its a total non sequitar

why doesn't he just be honest about his drug use, he's obviously done poppers as well i would imagine lol

So he smoked cannabis but didn't get high. It just proves that he can't do anything right. He has been shit at everything he does. I am amazed he can breathe in and out well enough to live.

• Like 2