Breaking; is it suddenly legal to grow cbd cannabis and smoke flowers?

Newcouch

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2023/759.html

30 June 2023

We all know that you need a license to grow cannabis hemp of a variety shown to expect to contain less than 0.2% thc, and that it is illegal to do anything with the flowers, and that the police have set a 0 threshold for possession so intend to prosecute anyone with any level of cannabis,

BUT HAS THAT NOW CHANGED?

On the court of appeal - a precedent setting court, in a case about importing cannabis, the ruling states that 'the crown 'wisely' decided not to show that the (<0.2% thc) plant was narcotic......since they would have faced an uphill battle'....

So, the police and cps have to admit that they cannot prosecute anyone for <0.2% substances...!!!!!

I dont recommend oyu try it, but if oyu are grwoing cbd only plant, selling it, or smoking it, then there is clearl established court precedent that it is not narcotic and the cps will have a hard time proving it is!!!!!

another baby step.....

Edited by Newcouch
  • Like 6

@Newcouch that is intresting as i grow alternate grows  cbd run in the groom, then any thing goes grow, usualy subbies  .

hope this includes the 4 countrys in the uk and the isle of man , channel islands :thumsup:  when i make the cbd tinctures i give it away free , to freinds

now i can charge em for the dropper bottle , , ha ha just kiddin , im not from aberdeen . or yorkshire lollol

• Like 2

Just now, mysticriver said:

are there CBD-only's, with no THC plants ? I did not know that

mystic

yes, so they say on the write up . in the seed banks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Newcouch said:

I dont recommend oyu try it, but if oyu are grwoing cbd only plant, selling it, or smoking it, then there is clearl established court precedent that it is not narcotic and the cps will have a hard time proving it is!!!!!

How about for seeds ?

So I guess that the THCa strains would fall into the same category here too lol

• Like 1

Interesting as I've done a experiment down me allotment  CBD  plant or 2.

But might pull em ,as don't want to lose the  PLot. 

0ne love 

GA

• Like 1

I don’t get it,

why is it all of a sudden hard to prove a plant has thc if the police can tell you have it in your system with a simple road side kit?

is somfing knot write ear¿

• Like 3

This would only apply to someone with an existing hemp license, and the rules about processing the flower still stays. As for the THC limits, it’s impossible to tell until the flower is fully ripe and tested. So for 90% of the grow cycle, you’re immune from THC crimes.. lol 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is this legit? do we know if the CPS has responded?

SWIM may have a ongoing investigation into the importation of 40kg of hemp flowers (>0.2%) and has not heard anything back from the idiots in almost 2 years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HuntsMeds said:

Is this legit? do we know if the CPS has responded?

SWIM may have a ongoing investigation into the importation of 40kg of hemp flowers (>0.2%) and has not heard anything back from the idiots in almost 2 years.

The Court of Appeal has looked at the facts of the case and decided to deny it on various grounds, meaning the decision of the lower court stands. 

This means the CPS can only ask the court to consider the case again on different grounds. 

Edited by soto
  • Like 1

there are no such strains that have less than 1% thc naturally. all these cbd hemp tea flowers are usually harlequin (a sativa high cbd strain) that is then stripped of all cannabinoids and thc by either spoaking in haxane or using butane. Once dried, they are sprayed with an acetone solution and cbd isolate and terpene profile.

I recently got some from my local cbd flower shop and all the strains look the same, gelato, bubblegum, ammo haze, smells great but it is a bit factory made. Great for sending me to sleep as weed atm mashes my head up but since understanding the process, I'm a bit gashed out and will grow my own low thc high cbd strains, peach puree was noce, that has a ratio of 2:1, 10% cbd 5% thc

The main reason for looking into it was to start something in this country and produce cbd flowers but the area is so grey still. Under the controlled substance act, one can obtain  a licnese to grow hemp for seeds and stalks but leafs and flowers are still classed as class B and subject to the 1979 drug law.

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 3