Healing sick animals with RSO?

Paddy187

Hey guys, I need to get something off my chest.

My French Bulldog 4 years old was obviously in pain while walking and had a strongly curved back. I took him to the vet, and the doctor told me it could be something related to his spine. She gave me two tablets and I asked her what they were for. She told me they were for pain relief and anti-inflammatory purposes. When I got home, I studied the side effects, and it mentioned everything from seizures to death. I immediately threw the tablets in the trash and gave my dog RSO oil, just a tiny drop. Yesterday evening, there wasn't much of an effect, but today at noon, I gave him another tiny drop, and about three hours later, he was visibly high. I wanted to take him for a walk outside, and he was slightly staggering and seemed dazed. I had to carry him back home. Once at home, he settled into his bed and seemed visibly relaxed. Two hours later, he went into the garden and started running around like crazy,he usually loves to run like that  which I should have prevented, but at that moment, I wasn't quick enough.

What do you think, how much oil should he be given? Is once in the evening enough, or would it be better to give it twice a day? The main goal is to reduce inflammation, keep him calm, and alleviate his pain.

I will never give my pet those tablets again, and I will treat him with the oil as much as possible.
And now I have a deeply relaxed dog who is visibly free from pain, just as he deserves, and all without any harmful side effects
Has anyone here had any experiences with their dogs or cats regarding RSO? Do I need to be mindful of anything, or is there a possibility of doing something wrong? Thank you.

Edited by Paddy187
  • Like 1

Remember our wee friends are a small fraction of our body weight,

plus they generally don’t have the tolerance that we have,

so better to stay on the side of caution with dosages.

Consider giving CBD oil for anti-inflammatory purposes,

Golden Turmeric paste is another good thing you can give them.

I hope you’re able to provide him with some relief.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I make my own dog biscuits and I add AVB to the mix, I give my Jack Russell a biscuit everyday, sometimes I can see she's a bit battered but she looks so healthy, her coat and eyes really shine. She's 14 this year but you wouldn't think it.

I'll make a thread with the dog biscuit recipe soon.

• Like 6

I think most vets medicine , like human meds come with all sorts of warnings to cover their arses legally.

As Shumroom rightly states ,  whats a tiny doe in your eyes ca be a massive hit for the fur baby !     So not only is he in pain but smashed and not understanding what the hells going on.

Can you get him in for scans & x rays to get a definitive answer as to whats going on medically ,  try resolve the root cause of the issue ?   

I went through it with a bull mastiff and spent over £10k in treatments so i feel your pain sir

I ended up doing You Move but the prescription one only  ,  CBD and turmeric  ,   after all the suffering she was finally good and enjoyed her later years :yep:

Sadly our fur babies are wonderful at hiding pain !!     I wish you all the very best with it mate and hope the fur baby gets better & some good relief :yep:

• Like 4

Thank you for the feedback. Currently, I'm giving him a mini drop in the evening, and he seems to be handling it really well now. In the morning, he's in great shape and eager to play immediately :)

Next week, I will visit a physiotherapist to have his back examined more closely. Thank you so much for your advice. This is a great forum!

• Like 3

I had my oldest dog on a course of rso for cancer seemed to work wonders on him. Dogs only require 2-3 grams of rso for a course with there metabolism I administered it after his last walk as wipes them out you’ve gotta be careful on the amount as a little to much I found they would leak pee if to much is given not fun when they sleep on your bed lol . He went on to 14 and ultimately his demise was his heart not pumping enough oxygen into his blood. I give his daughter and grandson a course a year as a just in case. Depending on what size dog you’ve got administer where there gonna sleep not much fun carrying 7 stone dogs up the stairs when it kicks into them.  I never told my vets when was dealing with his cancer but after he went I told them and was quite surprised with there reply to it certain dogs can get a bit flingch once it cuts in few days of it they become accustomed to it.