The Left-wing obsession with cannabis could destroy an entire generation

Simple Jack

The Left-wing obsession with cannabis could destroy an entire generation

A new study suggests that almost a third of schizophrenia cases in young men had been triggered by regular use of the drug

I don’t mind admitting that I have smoked marijuana in the past (and inhaled). But not the sort of super skunk that has now become so ubiquitous that the smell of weed seems to permeate from every street corner in Britain.

The other day, I even caught a whiff of the stuff when I was playing tennis in a leafy corner of Hertfordshire.

With vaping challenging cigarettes as the new nicotine fix, it now feels as if you are now more likely to see someone smoking a joint in the street than a fag. Marijuana appears to have become the new tobacco and, as a consequence, people have started underestimating how pervasive it actually is.

While there may be an argument in favour of the supposedly calming effects of mild marijuana compared with the excessive consumption of alcohol, news that almost a third of schizophrenia cases in young men have been triggered by cannabis use should ring alarm bells.

It isn’t just a problem that weed is getting stronger. The even more disturbing aspect is that some young people are becoming dependent on it. Gone are the days of puffing on the occasional joint at a music festival. For some, it has become as habitual as a morning coffee. A new study led by Danish researchers estimates that as many as 30 per cent of cases of schizophrenia among men aged 21 to 30, and 15 per cent of cases in 16 to 49-year-olds, could have been prevented had they not become addicted to cannabis.

It’s not difficult to see how this has become so problematic. As Dr Carsten Hjorthøj, of the University of Copenhagen, which led the study, explained: “Increases in the legalisation of cannabis over the past few decades have made it one of the most frequently used psychoactive substances in the world, while also decreasing the public’s perception of its harm.”

If you make a dangerous drug more readily available then you have got to expect serious psychotic conditions to increase. Surely even the most ideological of policymakers can see that the legalisation of recreational drugs risks creating its own mental health epidemic? Or are they happy for this to become yet another failed Left-wing experiment?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/06/the-left-wing-obsession-with-cannabis-destroy-a-generation/

lollollol Reefer madness anyone ?

Fuck off back to the 1950s where you belong and take your comically outdated propaganda with you, you fucking pointless halfwit (the imbecile that shat out the article, not the poster).

E2A In fact the whole article leads me to believe that the author is suffering from some sort of psychotic illness with paranoid delusions.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...