PS4 assistance please

Gaijin

Afternoon folks :) 

I was given a PS4, 2 wireless controllers, two cables today. Guy was literally throwing it all in the bin. 

I plug it in, hook it up to the tv. I'm kind of thinking it's going to take to the "there's no internet, asshole, sign into your wifi" section pretty much straight away, but no. It basically said something like "to use controller push PS button", which I did. Then it went to the avatars for my mate's kids' PS gaming history plus the option to add a new profile. I figure I'll delete the existing at some point when I work out how

Upon clicking to set up a new profile, I get the following screen. It seems to be written in a foreign language lol It says something about "when you set the internet connection for the PS4", which I haven't. I don't know how or where to do that 

I have no idea how to proceed. My mate's texted reply was as follows "yeah that's something to do with your wifi, pal. Should be easy to set up" 

It wasn't. I haven't lol 

Can someone with a brain please help me out :) Much appreciated

large_PS4.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cypher79 said:

Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connection

My issue is how do I get to the settings page? Maybe I need to go into one of the existing profiles and see if I can find the settings that way. I'm sure if this was a new machine it would be easy, but it's not, and neither am I lollol 

Thank you :) 

@monkeypig @Themadhippy Thanks gents :) I kind of know what I need to do - get to settings - but I was unable to locate where the bastard settings are lol 

That's what "suggested actions" suggested. The manual says the same - many thanks for that, it will be most useful :yep: 

I've discovered that the missus' tv programmes are more important than setting up the PlayStation :rolleyes: So I haven't been able to get back to it again. I'll try again in the morning; maybe it will be clearer then lol 

• Like 4

Thanks guys :) I just got the internet set up, downloading updates now. I think I probably needed to be a touch less stoned when attempting this lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Will you be buying Madden?

Funny you say that. Madden kinda caused my divorce lol I've been a PC gamer since the ZX 81 came out a looooooong time ago. Somehow I got hooked on playing one of the Call of Duty games, many many years later. It was the first time I'd ever played online. Quite exciting, it was. Anyway, the wife got me one of the Madden games, possibly Christmas 2013. And when she found it still in its plastic wrapper a couple of years later, I think that tipped her over the edge :rofl:  Divorced in 2015 

So I've never played it. You? 

• Like 2

I played it when it first came out on the Mega Drive, but it was a friends console.

TBH I didn't really get into gaming until the PS3 came out, I now own a PS4 but the only games I have are Skyrim (Anniversary Edition) and Fallout 4 (GOTY Edition). I don't play Fallout 4 because I don't like it, Skyrim Anniversary Edition however is immense and immersive so I play that a lot. I can't do shoot-em-ups as there's simply too much stuff going on and they are usually too noisy.

• Like 2