Singapore executes man for supplying cannabis

dan6

Well, he’s a bit of a plonker then really. I had to go through Singapore once to NZ, and I kept my bag where I could

see it at all times, cos someone else had just been hung there back then. 
IF I ever went to singapore, the lst thing is want to be near was anything drug related at all, fuck that.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 0:43 PM, brock1 said:

Notice the pushed lately to go visit Dabai a place were feeding your family with scrap street food scraps gets your hands removed while the rich do as they wish.

Some guy got sentenced to several years prison by the authorities in Dubai because he had a microscopic speck of cannabis (less than a thousandth of a gram) stuck on the sole of his shoe...:eek:

9 minutes ago, Billy2Hats said:

Some guy got sentenced to several years prison by the authorities in Dubai because he had a microscopic speck of cannabis (less than a thousandth of a gram) stuck on the sole of his shoe...:eek:

IIRC he wasn't even going there, his flight was diverted unexpectedly.

• Like 1

I used to know someone who was put in prison for a few months and then deported whilst teaching English somewhere (in Indonesia I think).

He met a guy at a bar, struck up a conversation and when he left the bar walked part way of his journey with this guy and shared a joint. 

The guy got caught up in something, got pressured into giving names of his “co-conspirators” and named my friend. They arrested him and gave him a mandatory blood test (he was forced to sign documents he could not understand). He was charged with possession as it was in his blood stream. Ended up in prison for a few months and was deported.

our drug laws are fucked but some places are just mental.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 1

It's actually against the law for returning Singaporean passport holders to consume cannabis in legal countries, as THC in the blood is technically possession of a controlled substance. Some are randomly blood tested after travels in Canada, US, Thailand etc.. 

3 hours ago, Billy2Hats said:

Correction (in the interests of accuracy)...Just did a Google and it was actually 0.003 g (so three-thousandths of a gram)...still a negligible amount...might just be enough to get an amoeba stoned..

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-uae-briton-drugs-idUKL2692911520080226

Thats terrible. It's not enough to get a spider feed for day never mind a person high. 

2 hours ago, Cursed said:

They arrested him and gave him a mandatory blood test

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

It's actually against the law for returning Singaporean passport holders to consume cannabis in legal countries, as THC in the blood is technically possession of a controlled substance

It's the same in Sweden, the police there can force you to give them blood and/or urine if they think you look high and if those samples have THC in them you can be prosecuted for possession.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, B-real said:

So basically it's highlight Singapore has a zero tolerance policy to drugs. 

And chewing gum too, although I think they fine rather than kill you.

• 3 weeks later...

I’d never go anywhere like that.

The wife’s asked a few times about going places like this and dubi and I’ve said no every time 

Would be on edge the whole time 

Id rather go somewhere I know I can get high/drunk without being worried 

Only takes a mistake to be banged up for 10 years or so

Just now, BluePeter said:

I’d never go anywhere like that.

The wife’s asked a few times about going places like this and dubi and I’ve said no every time 

Would be on edge the whole time 

Id rather go somewhere I know I can get high/drunk without being worried 

Only takes a mistake to be banged up for 10 years or so

Same here mate, Mrs has wanted to go to Dubai for years now but I'll not set foot in the place or the surrounding states, you're only 1 phone call away from getting lifted for the most stupid shit & my life is worth more than that.

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Same here mate, Mrs has wanted to go to Dubai for years now but I'll not set foot in the place or the surrounding states, you're only 1 phone call away from getting lifted for the most stupid shit & my life is worth more than that.

I remember reading of a guy who was there with mates on holiday and he had a new unused grinder in packaging in his suitcase or car or something and they arrested him and sentenced him to 10 years 

Took his family and the uk government months to get him out