'Loving' son, 27, dies from heart attack after 'chronic cannabis use'

Simple Jack

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

From what I read this can only be suffered by pregnant women...can't find anything relating it to cannabis use.

Sounds to me he was admitted to hospital a couple of times and they couldn't figure out what was wrong

until he, or someone else, mentioned his cannabis use so they blamed that.

Hell of a jump from a young man having a heart attack to finding it proven that chronic cannabis use was the cause.

RIP

blame game eh..

my first TIA...friggin stroke eh .....couldn't yap for months,but only left side paralysis for the day..couldn't talk for a week or well for months.

.but I'm here..thankful..

anyway .

.the head nurse said smoking pot was my issue....... not a stroke or TIA.... my brother said to her..... if I  could talk she wouldn't want to hear what I had to say lol

got to go  back and told her how wrong she was :)

ps sports  surge  good mma and light weight boxing tonight

Edited by gb1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, gb1 said:

I heard that it was in conjunction with video games.. l:smokin:

WHICH WE ALL GREW UP WITH ....................................SMOKIN LARGE

:fart:

guess there's a first for everything

i think video games can be bad, they really trigger the flight response, so you are sitting there doing shitall whilst your heart is going hell for leather.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

i think video games can be bad, they really trigger the flight response, so you are sitting there doing shitall whilst your heart is going hell for leather.

Enter Beat Sabre on VR... fuck me that's a work out and a half lol 

• Like 2

Convinced a small minority of people  can have allergic reactions to THC ,which unfortunately  can't be detected due to our dated laws. Proper medical research needs to be done.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stu914 said:

From what I read this can only be suffered by pregnant women...can't find anything relating it to cannabis use.

Cannabis hyperemesis is a real, albeit quite new thing.

Hot showers alleviate it, but the only cure is abstinence.

It's all very strange and thankfully very rare, but it does sound as if this unfortunate fellow was a sufferer.

• Like 2

Just now, stu914 said:

@Absurdist

Cheers bud, I stand corrected...still reckon it's a stretch to link cannabis use to heart attack without an underlying cause.

No arguing with that!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

robotron....

no one died  

just didn't play it by choice lol

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Sounds like it could be just another covid vaccine death. No mention of whether the poor guy was vaccinated or boosted up on phrma juice. Cannabis toxicity is extremely high, so the chances of someone "dying from its use" is next to impossible. 

On 4/22/2023 at 4:52 PM, Simple Jack said:

'Loving' son, 27, dies from heart attack after 'chronic cannabis use'

A coroner has ruled that a man's sudden death from a heart attack was caused by chronic cannabis use.

Joshua Kerfoot fell ill during a Friday night out in October last year. The 27-year-old's sickness continued over the weekend and paramedics were called, but told his mum Angela that he was just suffering from a hangover.

However, Angela returned from a trip to the shops the next day to find her son "cold". He was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead later that day.

At an inquest, the coroner ruled she has no concerns with the actions of the ambulance service and concluded the death was due to chronic cannabis use. Joanne Kearsley recorded Josh's death as "drug-related" at the inquest on April 13, noting that he had a "long history of daily cannabis use from a young age" - as MEN reports.

The record of inquest states: "He collapsed and died at his home address on the 18th October 2022. He had been unwell for several days with vomiting due to his cannabis use."

Concluding, Coroner Joanne Kearsley said: “I am satisfied following all investigations that there is no other reason to explain why such a young person has had an acute myocardial infarction. I find it was due to chronic cannabis use. The correction conclusion is that this was a drug-related death. Cannabis use is not safe.”

She added: “I understand the (family's) concern relating to the ambulance service. Given the medical history I heard evidence on I have no concerns with the ambulance the previous day."

An inquest at Rochdale Coroner's Court heard that the man from Bury had two previous admissions to hospital in 2022 with cannabis- induced hyperemesis. Speaking to the MEN, Angela said she "couldn't understand" why paramedics didn't taking his vomiting more seriously.

Paying tribute to Josh, mum Angela said he was "loved by everybody" and "always put others before himself". She said: "He was a kind and loving person. He loved spending time with his family and his niece and nephew. He had quite a few close friends."

She told the M.E.N. that she had spoken with the paramedics about Josh's history with excessive nausea and vomiting, known as hyperemesis, but they continued to dismiss his symptoms as simply a hangover. She added: "I called 111 on the Monday morning. They came out and told us he would be fine, and that it was just a hangover. But in the past he was admitted [to hospital] with the same thing. I tried to tell them that, but the paramedics didn't check his history."

Angela said Josh appeared "fine" and was speaking to her on the morning of his death, despite still being sick. He asked her to go to the shops to get him a "drink of pop" - but when she returned just 20 minutes later, she found his state had deteriorated rapidly.

She said: "I got home at around 6:35am and found him cold. All it took was 20 minutes."

A North West Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We would like to offer sincere condolences to Joshua’s family at what must be a very difficult time. "We note the coroner did not find any concern with our involvement, nor were we invited to take part in proceedings. However, if the family would like to discuss any concerns, we invite them to contact our patient safety team.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/loving-son-27-dies-heart-26747031

I've never understood how coroners can have such limited medical qualificaitons. From what I can tell, the only health related qualification this woman has is a graduate diploma in psychology.

Coroners are just administrators, they don't need to have to have any medical qualification.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a death due to lack of NHS psychological services.

Could also be due to inability to address a GP , outdated understanding of allergies etc.

Must be more to it, surely a coronor cannot just 'liase' with ambulance services and arrive at such a non-rigorous judgement!

Completely forgoing any other reasoning they've putting others at harm and fouling up medical science with bullshit.

Edited by smokinggolden