Doctors claim Government failing to counteract ‘relentless pro-cannabis messaging’ in media

Simple Jack

Ah yes, when I read this headline thought "Anti-drug think-tank campaign - probably funded by Bloomberg or some religious group"

Bear with while I see how right I was....

EDIT: Cannabis Risk Alliance - a campaign group with mysterious funders and unexplained access to Frank Feighan.

And it emphasised the importance of “full transparency regarding funding and conflicts of interest” among industry groups, lobbyists and advocates who engaged with the department, saying in its proposed agenda that this was “extremely important”.

But despite this and its own communications with the Government about Ireland’s drugs policy, the Cannabis Risk Alliance has not had to reveal details of its lobbying because of a loophole in lobbying legislation. 

Under the Regulation of Lobbying Act, groups are required to record so-called “lobbying activities” with the Standards in Public Office Commission (SIPO) if they communicate, even indirectly, with ministers or junior ministers about ‘relevant matters’, which can include the development of “any public policy or of any public programme”.

Dr Ray seems to be the chief bullshitter. I'd love to see his case notes about these cannabis patients he treats:

"GP and former IMO president Dr Ray Walley says he sees new cannabis patients on a “nearly weekly basis” and the age at which they present is reducing. "

Arseholes.

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 6

Wherever there is debate on legalisation, the same boilerplate bullshit pops up. A handful of "top doctors" can always be rustled up to express exactly the same bullshit opinion.

The State is abrogating its responsibilities to collect reliable data on the problem

Many states have devoted considerable resources to investigating "the problem". The data always fails to support the fantasy worldview of the anti-cannabis lobby.  

• Like 2

"GP and former IMO president Dr Ray Walley says he sees new cannabis patients on a “nearly weekly basis” and the age at which they present is reducing. "

people are presenting to him with problems which cannabis likeley helps with, he discoveres they use cannabis and boom, diagnosis time, cannabis use syndrome, forget all the problems, just stop smoking cannabis and youll be fine.

happened to me, i got ill for a whole year till i saw sense and started pot again.

• Like 4

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by 

BIG PHARMA and in association with the NHS. Remember if you get better we don't get paid 

:yinyang:

• Like 7