S&B reliability

Absurdist

I bought a Crafty just over 2 years ago which served me well for about a year, then charging became very temperamental.

I sent a video demonstrating the issue and S&B sent me out a Crafty+.

This unit packed in too, and S&B covered the postage and customs for return, then quickly sent me a replacement.

A few months later the replacement packed in too, so I sent that back and a new one is en route.

I can't fault their customer service, but am surprised that I have suffered to many failures. Assuming that this next one lasts 9 months it will have taken 4 units to get me through the 3 year warranty period. No wonder they ain't cheap to buy!

Is this normal?

• Like 1

Just now, Absurdist said:

Is this normal?

not for me, i don't know how long i have had mine now, but it has to be 2+ years, and it's still working/charging fine.

i know lots here have had theirs for many more years

Edited by ratdog

Remember in 2018 they got bought by canopy growth for 145 million euros. Maybe some qc like checking the battery cells etc may have changed. 

2 hours ago, KC said:

Do you use it whilst it's on charge? I hear that can cause problems on the Mighty anyway.

Never

1 hour ago, mr rhino said:

The most overated vapes out there imo.

I disagree! I will buy another one in a flash when they stop replacing mine.

The best of it is that the original one can still be coaxed into a full charge if you are prepared to repeatedly unplug it and plug it in again, so I haven't had any gaps without it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr rhino said:

@Absurdist I did say imo....I know loads of people love them but they dont get hot enough for my liking.

Some like it hot!

• Like 2