Amsterdam has launched a digital campaign telling British tourists who want a "messy night" to "stay away".

Goonerjunglist

After British fans got scapegoated for football hooliganism (which was just as prevalent in mainland Europe as here) we actually had to do something about it, and did. The rest of Europe carried on as before and hooliganism is still rife.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Goonerjunglist said:

I have always wanted to visit other Dutch cites or towns

Do you have an recommendations? Somewhere more peaceful sounds ideal to me

There is so many I'm in gorinchem at the moment lots of canals and bars and a few coffee shops lovely 

Was in lieden a few days back same thing and a massive flower garden keukenhof to keep the long haired general happy 

Go over the big dyke to Friesland with sneek being one of my favourite there

Also near German side nijmegan and surrounding areas are great 

The list is endless they are all mini Amsterdams just minus the idiots

Saying that lansmer just north of dam is lovely too end up there most years wife likes to paddleboard there and 25 mins bike into city

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brysee said:

There is so many I'm in gorinchem at the moment lots of canals and bars and a few coffee shops lovely 

Was in lieden a few days back same thing and a massive flower garden keukenhof to keep the long haired general happy 

Go over the big dyke to Friesland with sneek being one of my favourite there

Also near German side nijmegan and surrounding areas are great 

The list is endless they are all mini Amsterdams just minus the idiots

Saying that lansmer just north of dam is lovely too end up there most years wife likes to paddleboard there and 25 mins bike into city

Sounds amazing!

29 minutes ago, Boojum said:

After British fans got scapegoated for football hooliganism (which was just as prevalent in mainland Europe as here) we actually had to do something about it, and did. The rest of Europe carried on as before and hooliganism is still rife.

I agree,  its not like that in the UK especially in the premier league

As an Arsenal fan I go to many home games and to be honest never felt safer at games

• Like 2

We just got the blame because the Tory government (backed by the tabloid press) used football hooliganism as part of their justifications for shit like the Criminal Justice Bill, the European press latched onto it (while keeping quiet about the problems with their own fans) and then UEFA used that to wash their hands of their culpability for the Heysel disaster (which they portrayed as a riot by English hooligans but was actually caused by holding a match in a dangerous, crumbling stadium that wasn't fit to host a Sunday afternoon kick about never mind a cup final and then placing a group of Liverpool fans in between two groups of Juventus fans where there should have been a neutral area, and the actual violence was as much Juventus fans as Liverpool fans, in part due to violence against Liverpool fans by Juventus fans following our victory over them the previous year, but we got the blame). We got banned from competing in Europe and had to sort it out while the rest of Europe just carried on as before. It's not just hooliganism either, the racism and homophobia at some games in Europe is disgusting, like something from the 1970s :(

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Boojum said:

We just got the blame because the Tory government (backed by the tabloid press) used football hooliganism as part of their justifications for shit like the Criminal Justice Bill, the European press latched onto it (while keeping quiet about the problems with their own fans) and then UEFA used that to wash their hands of their culpability for the Heysel disaster (which they portrayed as a riot by English hooligans but was actually caused by holding a match in a dangerous, crumbling stadium that wasn't fit to host a Sunday afternoon kick about never mind a cup final and then placing a group of Liverpool fans in between two groups of Juventus fans where there should have been a neutral area, and the actual violence was as much Juventus fans as Liverpool fans, in part due to violence against Liverpool fans by Juventus fans following our victory over them the previous year, but we got the blame). We got banned from competing in Europe and had to sort it out while the rest of Europe just carried on as before. It's not just hooliganism either, the racism and homophobia at some games in Europe is disgusting, like something from the 1970s :(

100% facts

• Like 1

21 hours ago, twigs said:

lol it’s a city right?

the 90’s was all about drunkenness noise and misbehavior! fun, prosperity!

2025 is going to be like some horrible reincarnation of demolition man.. lol

Point on lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Goonerjunglist said:

As an Arsenal fan I go to many home games and to be honest never felt safer at games

COYG

North London Forever :wassnnme:

• Like 1