Coconut oil eldo style

Eldo

Firstly I have no clue what I'm doing

Secondly I'm hoping to have some infused coconut oil by the time I go to bed tonight 

started with 30g frozen wet trim and larfy buds from a few c99 plants I just harvested recently and whacked them into microwave oven using oven only setting for 24 mins @140c.

Then went about melting a 240ml jar of extra virgin coconut oil slowly in a sink of hot water...soon ended up with 10g of hopefully decarboxylated trim and some melted coconut oil

Chucked them both into a slightly larger jam jar and back into the microwave oven (oven only) at 100c. That's were we're at now I'll probably let it go 3  hours

Can I expect any kind of potency from this and how much would be a good first dose for one that has a very early start in the morning :smokin:

• Like 1

I don't know mate, but I'll wait here to find out :skin_up: I should have some trim soon; this'll be one way to process it  

• Like 1

I looked into a few things to do with it......this seems the least hastle way to me.

Think I needed less oil/more trim. Oil has started to take on a very light green colour though so maybe keep it going all night and see what I wake upto.

Only previous experiences with edibles have been some 'avb' cookies. These fucked me up big time and not in a good way. Had 2 cookies containing about 3.5g already vaped bud between them......never in my live have I felt such a horrible stone and paranoia 

Needles to say I'm hoping for a better experience this time

Will get some pics later and update tomorrow if it don't kill me 

• Like 1

3 hours in.......

large.IMG_20230328_225624_copy_2187x3194.jpg

Been shaking the jar every 30 mins smells lovely but that's mainly the coconut....maybe a touch of toasted nuts in the background

Going to put it back on for 2 more hours and hope fully looking a bit better in the morning 

Edited by Eldo
  • Like 4

Finished product turned out ok :)

Could have definitely put a lot more trim in there....like 2-3x more I'd say ideally

Set coconut oil is also not the easiest to dose either MCT would deffo be easier but I'm managing ok.

2g of oil and a j getting me nicely stoned for about about 3 hours before wanting to smoke again

large.IMG_20230401_151454_copy_1668x2087.jpg

• 8 months later...

Going to be making up another hopefully much more potent batch later.

Just got a "multi cooker" which I'll plug in next to drobe and turn the extraction up to deal with smells. The multi cooker has adjustable temperature all the way down to 80 degrees.

Going to put 2 different jam jars full of different strains in there (lemon drizzle & kc36). Don't think there will be too much smell but I best play it safe and wait till later

I'm thinking 120 degrees for both for 40 mins the another 5 mins at 140 for the indica strain (kc36) them Infuse in coconut oil overnight at 80 degrees 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eldo said:

Infuse in coconut oil overnight at 80 degrees

I know the MB machine does 71c for 2 hours when infusing coconut oil, well that's the recommended settings anyway. It certainly does the trick :magic:

• Like 2

Ended up doing 14g  of lemon drizzle & lemon Thai x in coconut oil. Should be quite strong going to try a teaspoon with my coffee Tomo morning. Then had 5g of KC 36 in some butter, not the strongest but will make cookies out ouf the butter so a fair whack will go into each one.

Multi cooker didn't hold temps well when left to use its own thermostat but with a bit of tweaking myself kept it in range. Took lids of the jar for decarb and added water during infusion

large.IMG_20231222_195234_copy_2400x3200.jpglarge.IMG_20231222_235752_copy_2250x3000.jpg

• Like 2

You’ll be better spreading the buds out for a more even decarb next time :yep:

The end result looks very tasty :D 

I’m on the coconut oil pretty much every day atm lol

Have a fuzzy Christmas :hippy:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2