Make me a winner competition on radio

Hashcity

OK.. Thanks for looking in.. There's a comp ont wireless called "make me a winner" on a radio network which includes greatest hits radio and absolute radio decade stations.. You enter by text, a number is chosen at random and dialed. The recipient has to answer within 5 rings and say, make me a winner, nowt else.. Yesterday i was listening to greatest hits radio, approx 15:35ish and they did the call thing across the whole network.. Some twat answered and said, hello, he didn't win, and i didn't neither. Anyway, turned over to absolute 80's coz the music is better, sometimes, and around 10 or 15 mins later they said let's pick a number at random and make that call.. Bloke answered and said hello.. The same things being said and i thought wtf is going on here? Same today, but no one answered.. So if this is meant to be across the whole network you would think the call would be at the same time.. To me it's a recording and no one actually wins... If i was listening to absolute 80's all day waiting for that call i would never know the call was made 15 mins earlier on the other station.. Anyway, it's definitely a fiddle! I'm gonna email the station owner tomorrow and find out what they're playing at, coz that is fraud or theft! 

• Like 1

To me it's a recording

yes its a recording,it avoids "fuck me ive won" going out live across the nation.The company  makes the call,possible edits it down and sends it out across the network to  the individual stations ,due to the way different stations schedule there shows the timing of the play back will be different.

• Like 1

Remember the ITV phone in competitions and it was employees winning n that? Was it that Good Morning shit show?

My dad has said the same thing all my life, he got conned in the 80's by a radio show, rung in, did the whole question and answer thing. then they just cut him off the phone and wouldnt pick it up again lol

Its a personal favorite of mine to rile him up "didnt you ring into a radio competition once dad?" que 20mins of ranting and raving lol

• Like 1