Decent bong or high end vape

Eldo

So I been trying to cut back on smoking tobacco lately. 

I usually smoke what most would consider weak joints, 1 part weed 4 parts backy but smoke almost constantly

More weed in js chokes me as do the very cheap (£20) bongs I've tried before

Arizer solo 2 don't give the thick pulls I'm looking for nice flavour but weak

Arizer eq tower is a bit hmmmmm, hard work, and maybe not as satisfying or hard hitting as I'd like

Dynavap m I could maybe get on with if it weren't for the constant lighting and refills

Was looking at trying a high end vape but a big expense 

Would a decent bong be more what Im looking for....can they be as smooth as a tobacco joint or vape if getting a good one

TBH mate I've only ever used pretty standard bongs - but I'm sure there must be fancy ones with really long, curvy pathways to help cool the smoke prior to delivery?

e2a

That said, I'd have to recommend a decent vape purely because I love vaping now. If you're trying to cut down tobacco, why not push a little further and see if you can cut down smoking full stop. A decent vape will certainly help you do that I reckon. I started on vaping in order to kick smoking fags, which I did but honestly, I don't think I would've succeeded had it not been for having vaping as a viable alternative. Trouble is the prohibitive initial outlay for a top end one though - but it's whatever suits you mate at the end of the day :)

Edited by Hashslag
  • Like 3

@Eldo  IMO "cutting back" with tobacco is setting yourself up for failure. Your body will still be craving that foul nicotine and even if you manage to cut down, each smoke of tobacco becomes more precious, making it harder to quit.

Smoking pure weed takes some getting used to, and leaves you disatisfied if you're used to thst nicotine feelng. You have to take smaller tokes, but after a while it will feel normal and you'd never go back!.

Have you tried giving up the nicotine using nicotine vapes with a plan to taper the nicotine levels weekly until you are nicotine free. Then you can start to learn to smoke pure, or vape pure. It won't be easy, but if you do it wirth a proper plan you will be able to free yourself from the grip of nicotine and learn to have a new relationship with the herb!

Good luck, it'lll be the best thing you can do!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

@Eldo  IMO "cutting back" with tobacco is setting yourself up for failure. Your body will still be craving that foul nicotine and even if you manage to cut down, each smoke of tobacco becomes more precious, making it harder to quit.

Smoking pure weed takes some getting used to, and leaves you disatisfied if you're used to thst nicotine feelng. You have to take smaller tokes, but after a while it will feel normal and you'd never go back!.

Have you tried giving up the nicotine using nicotine vapes with a plan to taper the nicotine levels weekly until you are nicotine free. Then you can start to learn to smoke pure, or vape pure. It won't be easy, but if you do it wirth a proper plan you will be able to free yourself from the grip of nicotine and learn to have a new relationship with the herb!

Good luck, it'lll be the best thing you can do!

All of the above.

Whatever route you decide to take whether it is smoking or using a quality vape, always keep your apparatus clean, it will make a huge difference in your smoking experience. I use 3 pipes which are in a rotation so they are only used for a day and then cleaned. I have a £6 bong that I use regularly and it gets cleaned regularly. I don't think I paid anymore than about £15 for my pipes.

Buy something cheap, keep it clean, get a feel for it and persevere, it will all come good.

• Like 1

I'd go vaping and using nicotine substitutes like nicotine patches or gums to help with the withdrawal.

After using an Arizer Solo II, then Dynavaps, I've finally stopped on a Tinymight and a Tetra P80. I prefer the former by a short hair. Both are top notch vapes which will bake you. The P80 is a PITA to get (no waiting list, you're mailed when a batch drops, 1st come 1st served) but the artwork helps to justify the price tag.

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 1

I smoke blunts 2/3 parts CBD flower 1 part THC flower since I quit tobacco in 2020.

large.20221007_223424.jpg

I sometimes put some hash in to lol

large.20221024_225757.jpg

I also use my Dynavap with a glass bong via an adapter.

large.5f0de5936d7eb_DvapAdapter2.jpg

That being said blunts Trump vap bongs when it comes to overall high/stone, but do enjoy both and both have a place in my daily routine.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

After I cut the cord on the baci it was only about about a week or even less before I could smoke a neat spliff without coughing at all. It's the baci filth in your lungs that makes you cough when you smoke neat.

A really well designed bong will be pretty smooth if you don't take huge creamy hits off it, don't get sucked into the ones with multiple percs etc, they're an arsehole to clean and way more delicate. If it's designed and built properly you won't need all that fancy looking stuff. Chinaglass on Reddit is a good place to find nice bargains. 

I'm still not a dry herb vape convert TBH, I've not tried the really expensive handheld ones but my mates PAX3 and davinci (supposedly decent ones) just don't hit the spot. It definitely gets me high but I still find myself rolling a joint about 5 minutes after. What I do love vapes for is concentrates, I put a wee bit of shatter in that PAX and it did the job way better than the bud did (Chelato so was good bud) and was a lot less faf than a dab rig/enail.

E2A according to some pretty clever boffins smoking cannabis doesn't cause lung cancer (or any really lasting damage) so I'm not in any rush to stop smoking all together, I've been smoking for nearly 20 years now and my lungs feel absolutely fine. 

Oh yeah I did actually try a mighty or whatever it's called (the one people say is the best) at a rave a few months back, same result. Nice flavour and definitely worked, but all it really did was make me want a fatty.  

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Have a look at Ddave's mods (ddavemods) for the Arizers if you've haven't already - he has a few adapters n things you can either buy from him or use for inspiration and find your own, to get a little more out of the Arizers.

You could get an Induction Heater for one handed vapcap action 

Or there's a few cheap baller desktop options now like the Tiodw mini (and more on the way) - for that you will also need some 3mm balls, a 20mm coil and PID, a bowl, a stand, maybe a handle, and a bong or bubbler.

Or for a little more there's the Tinymight2 

I think I'm saving up for the upcoming Cloud Connoisseur Vertex bubbler 

And a Zirconia baller head, when they're released 

• Like 1