Grow your own medicinal cannabis

HEAVY_SMOKER

So a couple of years ago I had been looking into the Industry and how I could get involved legally, I would say I feel pretty happy with the idea I came up with at that time, which I believe showed the way for things like project 21 in describing the online process for the patient to meet with the doctor and be prescribed via webcam appointment for uk patients.

now I think I may have come up with an idea that given time could possibly increase the communities chances of being able to grow their own medicine.

the problems are many but with some guidance people would be able to get through them providing 

costs could be reduced and I think that’s were the answer may lie 

the cost of the licence is extreme and who comes up with the cost and how do they calculate that, 

what are the costs covering for example a uk rod licence from the fisheries covers the upgrades to their computer systems or contributing to the anglers experience.

if the cost of the licence is so extreme then surely the systems in place currently should be more that sufficient and maybe even future proof so for me we could look at this and try force the reduction is costs for licences this would lead to more people getting them and further reduce costs and

would maybe allow for different world models to be applied like the way Spain do thing in fact Thailand or Uruguay would actually be better suited 

call to the doctor on site who prescribes there and then even if it is via video and then bam receive prescriptions….  

• Like 1

Sorry to be a downer but the (deliberately high) cost isn't the only thing that prevents people from getting licenses to grow, you also need to 'know the right people' (political slang for having connections in the tory party who like fat brown envelopes and a piece of the profit pie). The system isn't about making medicine available to the people who need it, it's about the people in power and their cronies squeezing as much money as they can out of this new cash cow, and fuck the sick.

• Like 3

Both big alcohol and big tobacco have serious stacks of cash invested in the cannabis industry. I have no doubt they are developing their products and working on the infrastructure to supply them to all the outlets they currently supply. Once they have what they need in place they will have it legalised. It's big industry that calls the shots on all of these things.

• Like 3